Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exhaust residue on new 3x3 cross struts

Default Re: Exhaust residue on new 3x3 cross struts

We use Rejex on the leading edges of dad's Travel Air for the same reason. The airshow community polishes their whole damn airplanes with the stuff. Great shine, almost impregnable in terms of bugs and other various stains. It does make it totally painless in terms of bug removal. The stuff is a polymer based coating and contains no silicone. It is safe for fabric covering in terms of future repair/re-paint.

Clay, what is your experience with Rejex and Polytone? Does it work as well on the flat paint? Some wax products don't work well there.
    Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

Ditto from me re Rejex , It just works! Been using Rejex now for over 5 years and on first my S2, now my Carbon Cub and Stearman, with excellent reults. Best Gary

Pete,

On flat paint I would say not so much. You have to start out with at least a satin like finish for it to work well I would imagine. I've got it on the leading edges of the New Standard which is done up with Polytone. The finish is satin-like, but not so heavy that all of the weave is filled. It still works in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by glickle View Post
    Ditto from me re Rejex , It just works! Been using Rejex now for over 5 years and on first my S2, now my Carbon Cub and Stearman, with excellent reults. Best Gary
    Gary
    Had been using rejex for I dont know how many years I guess 10+ First my Bertam to keep the soot off the transum, my 182/pa11 & S2. Opat gave me some ceramlock to try, it hands down smokes rejex.Next time you see Randy ask him for a little(i think he keeps it his back pocket) or stop by the house and Ill give you a little.You will give your rejex away (for the leading edges). I have had it on my S2 for about eight months now and you can wipe exhaust residue,love bugs,lead off with a paper towel.Rumor has it CC got some to test on one off there planes.I put it on my prop first then the gear and now I just did the whole cowl.Randy even wiped some on my new tires and they still look like he just did it.I not sure i spelled it right but they do have a web site. It is very impressive stuff!
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Gary
    Had been using rejex for I dont know how many years I guess 10+ First my Bertam to keep the soot off the transum, my 182/pa11 & S2. Opat gave me some ceramlock to try, it hands down smokes rejex.Next time you see Randy ask him for a little(i think he keeps it his back pocket) or stop by the house and Ill give you a little.You will give your rejex away (for the leading edges). I have had it on my S2 for about eight months now and you can wipe exhaust residue,love bugs,lead off with a paper towel.Rumor has it CC got some to test on one off there planes.I put it on my prop first then the gear and now I just did the whole cowl.Randy even wiped some on my new tires and they still look like he just did it.I not sure i spelled it right but they do have a web site. It is very impressive stuff!
    Chuck
    Do you know if it's silicone free?

Carl
    I don't know for sure. But I would bet not. It dries hard as a rock , it actually feels like a ceramic glaze yet it hasn't cracked or anything on my tires. . You have to get the surface completely free of everything ,then just wipe it on and let it dry and your done. It took him a little while to convince me to try. The only thing I didn't like is you are not getting it off and nothing will stick to it. I tryed to tape of a spot I already did and the tape would not stick. Back of my prop looks brand new. Hopefully it will continue to work as well as it has so far.
    Chuck

Carl
    Just talked to Randy absolutely no silicone or waxes, said it is a ceramic base.
    Chuck

Thanks Chuck for the reminder as yes I am using Randy's Ceramloc also and love it and agree with your comments. Thats said I only use it on the leading edges and bug areas like the gear and still use Rejex every year on the overall plane. Regards Gary

Honestly I havent put it on leading edge of wings yet still a little chicken. Its on cowl,struts, gear and prop.Rejex on the rest same as you.
    Chuck.