Thread: NB00004 - Exterior Cleaning and Maintenance

Default NB00004 - Exterior Cleaning and Maintenance

I just received the notification about fit and finish. Shortly after I purchased the Cub in January of 2008 it was polished with Zano All in one. (see: http://www.zainostore.com/) Zano products leave no residue, enhance optics, have no accumulative distortion, and I also think they have no petroleum distillates. Routine cleaning involves only water and mirafibre (no scratching). The original polish has lasted two years, and I enhanced the finish with Zano's Z-6. (My airplane is hangered). Everywhere I have traveled people have complimented me on the look and finish of the airplane.
    Diana
    Diana Votaw
    N110CV

Default Re: NB00004 - Exterior Cleaning and Maintenance

The notification was intended mostly for the silver Poly Tone finish on our Performance Paint schemes. The polyurethane paint on the full paint schemes is largely impervious.
    Randy Lervold

Randy, is the "Wash-Wax All" that Sporty's sells in spray bottles OK for a polyurethane S2?
    Jeff Jacobs
    Vancouver WA / KVUO
    C-172N-180

Jeff, I'm not familiar with that product but the issue really is with the Poly Tone surfaces, not the urethane. The NB probably should have probably differentiated between the two but I think the shotgun approach was used.
    Randy Lervold