Com antenna servicing

Since both the CCSS and the S2 have the com antenna hanging below the fuselage I am putting this report in the General CubCrafters thread.

I have knocked my antenna loose several times or the vibration works it loose. I am not sure but I have had to fix it at least six times. This last time the through the fuselage ceramic insulator broke into many pieces.

Here is a quote from a knowledgeable owner who has the antenna on top of the wing root.

"The radio antenna was built that way at the factory. XXXX, who originally ordered the plane, simply would not accept it underneath. The folks I run with frequently look at that underneath mounting and just laugh. They mock CubCrafters by using that mounting as "proof" these aren't real planes. Mine is mounted right in the wing root....I don't know what is used for ground plane. It works great from there....I simply don't understand CCs refusal to move it."

CC has a LOA (letter of approval) available for those like me who have been having a problem and would like to relocate it. There will be a simple kit with instructions available shortly from CC. Contact Ethan Hughes..customer service.

Here are some pictures of the fittings.

compressed cermaic broken.jpgacompressed outside.jpglcompressed outside panel.jpg)compressed inside panel.jpg compressed wiring inside.jpg