Thread: Jury struts/SB00016

Default Jury struts/SB00016

Has anyone done the upgrade of the Jury struts/fittings? If so can you share cost parts and labor? I also would like opinions on structural integrity. Does the weakness/cracking of the Jury struts affect safety in turbulance or create any other safety/flight issues?

Default Re: Jury struts/SB00016

Dick, as usual if it could be broken I usually break it first. I have replaced them all having cracked the right front jury bracket fitting plus a cracked jury strut. The replacements were a larger diameter and it only was a few minutes to change them.

They are expensive little buggers but there is a lot of machine work behind them. Ethan can answer as to cost.

I never felt like it was a life safety issue but mine broke off when pushing on the struts on the ground, I naturally grounded the airplane until changed out. Who knows how long it was cracked. I think there was a bulletin or safety notice to check those fittings regularly.

Geo

Default Re: Jury struts/SB00016

Duh,,, I missed read your reference to SB 16.. Yep that was because of me. And they do need to be upgraded!

Geo