Thread: Tailwheel Question from Carbon Cub "Down Under"

Cool Tailwheel Question from Carbon Cub "Down Under"

Thanks for the Wing Covering Video,those guys make it look easy, and it was, after watching the video, how about more videos, maybe a final riggingone......My quetion is about fitting the tailwheel (Alaskian Bush type) the spring supplied #181-100 is a 4 leaf spring so the AN7-22A bolt to the fuselage is nit long enough,also the braket SC200-001 is not deep enough, also the AN4 bolts......do I need to fit the 4 leaf spring for my 1865lb Cub, if so Ineed suitable parts to match, or do I remove one of the long spring leaves and use parts supplied......the manual Fig TW1 shows a 3 leaf spring, but this may be for the sport Cub ????...jimaus

Default Re: Tailwheel Question from Carbon Cub "Down Under"

Jim

We use the bottom three leaves for Sport Cub and Carbon Cub SS. The three leaves are sufficiant for the Carbon Cub EX. If you should decide to use all four leaves, you could change the three bolt lengths and use a spacer on the rear attach fitting.

Have you covered your elevators and rudder yet?

Thanks
    Mitch

Default Re: Tailwheel Question from Carbon Cub "Down Under"

Ok I will go with bottom 3 leaves,(could not find any mention of this in the build Manual)....I have covered and painted all parts except the wings. Jim
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Jim

We use the bottom three leaves for Sport Cub and Carbon Cub SS. The three leaves are sufficiant for the Carbon Cub EX. If you should decide to use all four leaves, you could change the three bolt lengths and use a spacer on the rear attach fitting.

Have you covered your elevators and rudder yet?

Thanks
    Mitch