Thread: The Demo Ride That Should Never End

Default The Demo Ride That Should Never End

As flown by Ben Hodges at Californiacubs.

Last edited by turbopilot; 04-15-2010 at 10:28 PM.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Default Re: The Demo Ride That Should Never End

Fantastic Bob! It's a little different than loading procedures into a 430. Thanks for a great video.
    -tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Fantastic Bob! It's a little different than loading procedures into a 430. Thanks for a great video.
    -tom
    Thanks Tom. Been watching the new users register. Looks like a several COPA members have all ready found their way over to this new forum. Cubcrafters should consider putting the Carbon Cub on display at this year's COPA Migration. Fertile ground for new sales based on what I have seen so far on COPA with the Carbon Cub posts.

I am really happy to see Cubcrafters supporting this forum with active participation by company employees. Big change from our experience with Cirrus Aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    Thanks Tom. Been watching the new users register. Looks like a several COPA members have all ready found their way over to this new forum. Cubcrafters should consider putting the Carbon Cub on display at this year's COPA Migration. Fertile ground for new sales based on what I have seen so far on COPA with the Carbon Cub posts.

I am really happy to see Cubcrafters supporting this forum with active participation by company employees. Big change from our experience with Cirrus Aircraft.
    Hi Bob,
    I completely agree that Cubcrafter's support and input will really increase the usefulness of this forum. I also think that a Carbon Cub at the Migration would be a great idea. I think that most of the Cirrus people I know would really enjoy Cub flying too. Keep us posted on your new Cub!
    Cheers,
    tom

Tom,

I'm a friend of Bob Andersons from and I also think you ought to consider taking this Carbon Cub to the TBM convention as well. I had a Scout for awhile and I had tons of TBM guys ask me about it. There are a lot of TBM guys that have multiple planes and would love this. I'm considering jumping into one myself. I think I might have to jump into the TBM and come to YKM for a visit.

Quote Originally Posted by joejenie View Post
    Tom,

I'm a friend of Bob Andersons from and I also think you ought to consider taking this Carbon Cub to the TBM convention as well. I had a Scout for awhile and I had tons of TBM guys ask me about it. There are a lot of TBM guys that have multiple planes and would love this. I'm considering jumping into one myself. I think I might have to jump into the TBM and come to YKM for a visit.
    Somehow the LSA manufacturers have overlooked the "2nd airplane market". There are many owner/operators of larger GA aircraft (TBM, Pilatus, Cirrus, Meridian/Mirage ect) who love to fly but cannot operate the aircraft easily for sport. I see them at the 3 airports in Palm Springs when they fly in for the winter season. Great place to sell LSA's.

I agree Bob. It's an easy sell. Heck, most of them spend more in fuel and maintenance a year than this plane costs!

Quote Originally Posted by joejenie View Post
    Tom,

Hi Joe! We've actually talked on the phone about 1031's some time ago. Great to see you here. I agree with you and Bob, the second (third, fourth) airplane market really ought to be targeted. While a Cub is about the most fun you can have in the sky, it does take time to get places and can't hold you and your 3 buddies. If you are passionate enough about flying to buy a Mustang, TBM or PC-12, you can probably afford a toy plane for yourself. Around Christmas time I had a chat with an acquaintance who flys his own G-IV and has a TBM 850 on order. He really want to come fly in Cub since he's never flown a taildragger.

Didn't you have a Katamai C-182 for a while?

Cheers,
    tom

Yes, I sold my Scout and spent 400k building a 182 Katmai. Todd Peterson never got the STC finished, so mine continued to be experimental. After awhile, I finally got pissed and sold it last spring. I sold the scout because my wife thought I needed 2 more seats so all 3 of my kids could go. Never once did I have more than 1 of those kids in it at a time. So that is why I'm back looking at taildraggers. Good to hear from you again.

Video is back!