The new SS has surpassed all my expectations except one, cabin heat. I am currently experimenting with weather strip to cut down on air leaks and cold drafts. Made some gains but have a ways to go. Still not sure where some of the cold air is coming from. Winter flying is my favorite time to fly, so I'll be working on this until I get it whipped. Any suggestions or guidance here would be greatly appreciated.

As far as the overall satisfaction of the airplane, it is the nicest flying airplane I have ever flown. That is saying allot because I have been flying since 1976 and most all of my time is in Cubs of all variations and modifications, Citabrias etc. The SS is the best balanced of anything I have flown. Everything you read about the SS is focused on take off and climb performance, which is true,the SS is King. But what really impresses me is how easily the plane will cruise on a very conservative power setting. Also the crispness (the best word I can think to use) of control inputs feels high performance and makes you feel really connected to the airplane.

Every time I push the plane back into the hanger after a flight, just before I close the HydroSwing door and turn off the lights, I find myself turning to take a last look at the SS and saying to myself, you've got to be kidding me, could one airplane do so many things so well!!!!!

Jim and the staff have hit on a real winning combination with the design of the SS, probably one that will become famous in time, for it's longevity in production run.

Thanks to everyone at CC for the wonderful customer support, something that's becoming rare to find these days.