Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cub SS

Default Re: Cub SS

I think I was flying with you when I initially figured it out Geo, lol. ;-) Have since done more experimenting and it does work-but only under certain conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by fencer View Post
    Hey Becky could I get a little of that V seal (maybe 2') i have some that works on the front of the door but have't had any luck with something for the back and in colorado i've been hearing nothing but complaints from my back seat passangers. Thanks

Blu Gray
    Absolutely! Will get that out today.
    Becky Teerink

Thanks Becky
    that V trim helped a lot.
    Blu

I think the best solution is heated jacket liners, gloves, etc., or even pants. Just plug it into a 12 V outlet and adjust the temp controller for Lo M or Hi. Works well on motorcycles (and even in a convertible on a cold day).

http://www.tourmaster.com/xcart/cata...-p-1-c-59.html

Problem is, it can be really cold is in the back seat! I shared some back seat time with Gary Lickle last December when the surface temp at YKM was 8 degrees. Of course it was even much colder with altitude.

So my question is how do you plug into the 12V oulet from the backseat?

Geo

Here I am freezing my butt off in my waterfowl hunting gear
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not sure, but I don't think the Sport Cub comes with a 12 V cigarette lighter outlet. Doesn't look like it from some panel pix I have. (shouldn't be hard to retrofit one, however but not sure of the paperwork required)

This particular clothing comes with a lead that attaches directly to the battery terminals of a motorcycle which is usually located just beneath the rider seat. It's very simple, just 2 wires, a positive and ground. The leads also are fused. There's also an optional 36" lead.

If I owned a Cub here in the northwest winters I'd find a way to hook this up.

I'd get the jacket liner and possibly the gloves and just wear long-johns under your pants. The gloves and a bit bulky and you might need to remove them to operate the buttons on the Garmin. It's surprising how much cold our body can be in if the upper body is toasty warm.

Trust me, you'll never need the High setting.

Norm, there is a 12V outlet under the right side of the panel. The battery is under the front seat. I am sure with a little drop lead coming to the back off the battery ready to plug in would work.

Those are good suggestions but I hope to be in San Diego or the desert during the winter from now on!!!

Geo

I believe Ben Hodges has been using heated clothing last winter, you might contact him to see how he did it, or he might chime in (hint hint ;-) ) I think I remember hearing that he thought it worked very well.

Pete D.

With the battery under the seat then that's the best option right there. You'd probably have to change the end connections because the posts on a motorcycle battery are likely smaller than the battery posts in the Cub.

That's great ~ no excuse to be cold in a Cub now. Ben might offer some first hand experience.

Same battery!