Thread: Fuel/belly pod

Default Fuel/belly pod

Hello Mitch, have you made any new progress in regards to the fuel/belly pod for the CC EX?

Default Re: Fuel/belly pod

Craig
    We have not done much with the Carbon Cub Belly pod, it is still on the list of projects for completion. We currently have in the R&D process and almost completed a set of AUX tanks for the wings. It is a second tank outboard of the main tank that will give a total fuel capacity of 44 gallons. This option will probably be available in about two months.
    Mitch

Mitch,

So could these aux wing tanks also be fitted to the Sport Cub E-LSA? I'm assuming the weight of the tanks and plumbing would exceed the average equipped SC in S-LSA and have to be E-LSA.

Any wild guesstimate as to installed weight? I'm also assuming the wing tanks would probably be lighter than the belly pod. ?

Norm

Norm

We are not offering these aux. wing tank in anything except the Carbon Cub EX. The estimated weight increase will be about 20lbs. The tanks are still in the R & D stage. We will have more information shortly.

Thanks
    Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    Craig
    We have not done much with the Carbon Cub Belly pod, it is still on the list of projects for completion. We currently have in the R&D process and almost completed a set of AUX tanks for the wings. It is a second tank outboard of the main tank that will give a total fuel capacity of 44 gallons. This option will probably be available in about two months.
    Mitch
    That is great news Mitch!

Those aux tanks will be a very nice option!

Please let me know when you have it all finalised and complete. Then I can get the Inspector from here to come down and do the review for the 51 % approval to build it in Canada!

Cheers

Craig

Mitch,

But couldn't an owner install those auxiliary wing tanks under experimental regulations into the E-LSA Carbon or Sport Cub? If not, why not?
    Last edited by Norm; 02-22-2010 at 04:20 PM.