Thread: EarthX and G3X

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: EarthX and G3X

Thanks to Andy for help understanding some details of this.

My EarthX ETX 680C Battery Management System (BMS) Indicator is wired to display the alert to my Garmin G3X. One 22 AWG wire from the spade connector at the battery to the GEA 24's J244 Connector was wired with the resistor as shown in the Garmin Manual Figure 30-2.2 shown below. I have a much better understanding of how to use the Garmin G3X Installation Manual.

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 8.25.56 PM.png

I used available GP 5 / pin 31 and GP +12V / pin 50 with the 5K resistor (pull up) for active low. This was the simpler option compared to GP 6 and GP 7 where an additional ground is required. You would need to choose positions available in your particular installation. These were open for me. Configuring or Editing the Discrete input was easier than I expected. Enter G3X Configuration Mode to Engine & Airframe to GEA 24 Discrete to configure the GP discrete connections. Follow the options and choose 'Active Low' where I categorized it 'Red' and named it 'EarthX Alert'. It was easy to finish.

A function test of the alert was simple as grounding the spade connector at the negative terminal of the battery with a jumper wire....Red alert 'EarthX Alert' warning light illuminates.

IMG_3408.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 7.46.05 PM.png
    Last edited by jmorrical; 03-28-2021 at 07:16 PM.
    Jim Morrical