Thread: Insurance increase

Default Insurance increase

Just got a renewal increase of 25% on my ex cub. Same carrier, aig, for seven yrs. No claims, 6000 hrs and 1500 tailwheel. Am told it is not my age, 74, but where the market is going in general. The carbon cub accident history seems to also be an insurance issue. By way of reference, my rv 10 increase is 5%. Anybody else have recent insurance increases?

Default Re: Insurance increase

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Just got a renewal increase of 25% on my ex cub. Same carrier, aig, for seven yrs. No claims, 6000 hrs and 1500 tailwheel. Am told it is not my age, 74, but where the market is going in general. The carbon cub accident history seems to also be an insurance issue. By way of reference, my rv 10 increase is 5%. Anybody else have recent insurance increases?
    Lots of chatter over on the SC Forum, some seeing 15-30% increases and more. I'm hoping mine increase was last year but as of now liability and hull at approx 1.6%.

If you are on skis and want to play let me know I'm at 66VT.

40M VTGlenn

Will do. Snow is leaving us early this year

I was told by my broker that it is age related. Almost 70 with 3000 plus hours and nearly 1000 in Cubs. He told me that fewer companies will write you after 70 and I was lucky that I have been with my company for more than ten years. That said the premium increased by 15%. This is an accident free career with no regs busted. I am seeing the handwriting on the wall. He mentioned the "Harrison Ford" effect on public perception and the insurance companies.