Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Best Battery for our Carbon Cubs?

Default Re: Best Battery for our Carbon Cubs?

I now have significant operation on the Batteries plus X2-14. My Carbon cub has the original battery box and the original starter. It has always started strong with no delay at the compression stroke. In fact, one hot day here in Florida, after a fuel stop with engine hot, I decided to shut down after the start to check the fuel caps.

Got back into the plane with no delay and it spun up beautifully. That is a worst case scenario.

By the way, they provide a 24 month replacement warranty with no prorating.

Now if I can just be sure to land near a Batteries Plus dealer. Barring that I like Gary's approach of carrying a Lithium Iron spare.

regards, Carl
    Last edited by carlconti; 12-05-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post

Yes forget about them, actually quite week. Best Gary

Anyone tried one of these?
    http://www.wstandardusa.com
    Scroll down to the last offering for max CCA.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by seastar View Post
    Bill
    Wow !!! Somebody please say they work Great.
    So I can buy one.

Bill
    FYI. CC316 came with the big battery box but back to the small battery. It has the new starter which the small battery drives just fine. No prop hesitation on starting. They obviously fell back to the small battery to save weight.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Since the original Powersports battery failed at 6 months I have been using the X2-14.
    i have replaced the battery every year and have not been stranded. Some starts have been marginal though.
    i have the original battery box, starter and cowling so a larger battery or the new starter is not an option unless I fly to the factory for a new cowling/starter or field replace the box for a heavier/larger battery --- neither of those options appeal to me.
    The first Li Iron Po battery I have uncovered that looks like it is made by a "real" company (besides the Shori) is this www.wstandardusa.com.
    if it works and is reliable it may be the answer for those of us with old airplanes.
    there is very little info on the web site but I am digging to see what I can find.
    Bill

Since the original Powersports battery failed at 6 months I have been using the X2-14.
    i have replaced the battery every year and have not been stranded. Some starts have been marginal though.
    i have the original battery box, starter and cowling so a larger battery or the new starter is not an option unless I fly to the factory for a new cowling/starter or field replace the box for a heavier/larger battery --- neither of those options appeal to me.
    The first Li Iron Po battery I have uncovered that looks like it is made by a "real" company (besides the Shori) is this www.wstandardusa.com.
    if it works and is reliable it may be the answer for those of us with old airplanes.
    there is very little info on the web site but I am digging to see what I can find.
    Bill
    Hi Bill, Having been through all this I agree the X2-14 ( can get at any Batteries Plus store built by DEKA) still is the best AGM orginal replacement battery. I did find that the Lithium IRON batterys really work well. I have tried them all ( for me three Shoris later no good all three failed ) I have not tried the one you have the link to however I do note his is Lithium ION vs the prefered IRON safer technology. Best Gary

Bill
    Hi Seastar,
    I also went with the X2-14 , first 4 months really good starting, now it is starting to labor, and need to bump starter almost every start.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph206 View Post
    Wow !!! Somebody please say they work Great.
    So I can buy one.
    Below is the response I received from this Company W Standard.

Hello Joseph,

Unfortunately our battery is not designed for thisapplication and I would not recommend it, for it.

Best of luck,

Roy Pace
    WStandard USA