Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acme Black Ops 3 vs Pro vs TacAero shocks

Default Re: Acme Black Ops 3 vs Pro vs TacAero shocks

Also a big factor I think is that the Acme’s have both mechanical springs as well as gas so that if you loose gas for some reason, you are still good to go. I added the Stinger tailwheel, not really thinking it would make that much difference....man was I wrong!

With these shocks, you can bring it in slooooow and when over your touch-down point...dump the flaps or power and let it drop in right there...... you can make an “arrival”. Just drop it in.

B64F1B14-017F-4277-959E-5C5EC71EFA30.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    I fly pros on all my planes. Acme gave me the first set for Valdez and been putting them on all my planes since. They are actually a little stiffer the the G3’s. Pro series have little more travel, they changed the spring rate and the Valving. The G3’s are a great shock and would recommend them to anyone, honestly most people would never know the difference. I’m not sure what Tac Aero is offering they may have had acme make them up something special for them. Jeremy is a very knowledgeable cub guy, so he’s definitely someone to pay attention too.
    I have flown all the shocks out there and acme hands down has the best product out there right now in my opinion. The bungees are terrible unless your gonna leave it in the hanger or land on smooth grass strips and they’ll still rattle your teeth. I flew a super cub with those air shocks and when I landed I actually thought It had bungees, told Jay he needed to go fly my plane and now he’s running acmes on it. He was one of those diehard air shock guys.
    Hopefully you’ll go enjoy your plane for what they where made for, not let it sit in the hanger and post some cool pictures for us to look at. Be nice to see more of that on here, cool pictures of people enjoying there airplanes.
    Chuck
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
    Hopefully you’ll go enjoy your plane for what they where made for, not let it sit in the hanger and post some cool pictures for us to look at. Be nice to see more of that on here, cool pictures of people enjoying there airplanes.
    Chuck
    My FX-3 on standard bungee gear is not a hangar queen. I have flown it 95 hours (edited) in the first 6 months of ownership. My favorite place to go is Red Creek on the Verde river. I don't think anyone who has been in there would say it was "groomed". I have no doubt at all that other shocks are far more forgiving. (I have landed on Acme and AOSS).

7CC at Red Creek.PNG
    Last edited by Andy; 01-14-2021 at 09:25 AM.

Can I add a cool picture from today?

310099FF-2DDD-4F6C-B70A-CA9444C77F36.jpg

I’m sure there are guys that will recognize where this is. Hint, it is in Idaho.

3D17838E-2A1B-4255-AC3D-C1939B5CD1E3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I think I see Acme with safety cables. I was told told safety cables not required with Acme but I have since found they are recommended by Acme Aero:

https://secureservercdn.net/45.40.14...ion-Manual.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post

310099FF-2DDD-4F6C-B70A-CA9444C77F36.jpg

I’m sure there are guys that will recognize where this is. Hint, it is in Idaho.

3D17838E-2A1B-4255-AC3D-C1939B5CD1E3.jpg
    I knew I could count on you for some cool ones.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I think I see Acme with safety cables. I was told told safety cables not required with Acme but I have since found they are recommended by Acme Aero:

https://secureservercdn.net/45.40.14...ion-Manual.pdf

Yes you’re sharp eyed there Andy. Acme G3’s with safety cables. I might have a better picture I can put in showing them.

BC88F0AC-D0FE-4DDD-A4AD-FBE161D6CCE9.jpg

And here’s a shot from today too of the T3.

3C43CF3F-D66C-497E-A806-7976924B7564.jpg

When I had the Pawnee spring and this dedicated 3200 with the tail ski I would usually get shimmy when I’d set the tail down on the runway. With the T3 it hasn’t shimmied at all. I’m not sure why that is, the tail wheel head was in a positive angle on the Pawnee too.

This winter is very poor for snow in the lower valleys. So I put the wheel penetration skis on and wheel land on the runway when I get back to town. I’ve got Carbon Concept straight skis too and they’re fantastic performers but we’ve got to have valley snow to use them. So the T3 is being appreciated more this winter than it would have been on straight skis.

When they close the runway and you have 250’ in the back yard. Acmes do extremely well in rough stuff.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News