Also a big factor I think is that the Acme’s have both mechanical springs as well as gas so that if you loose gas for some reason, you are still good to go. I added the Stinger tailwheel, not really thinking it would make that much difference....man was I wrong!

With these shocks, you can bring it in slooooow and when over your touch-down point...dump the flaps or power and let it drop in right there...... you can make an “arrival”. Just drop it in.

B64F1B14-017F-4277-959E-5C5EC71EFA30.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Springloaded View Post
I fly pros on all my planes. Acme gave me the first set for Valdez and been putting them on all my planes since. They are actually a little stiffer the the G3’s. Pro series have little more travel, they changed the spring rate and the Valving. The G3’s are a great shock and would recommend them to anyone, honestly most people would never know the difference. I’m not sure what Tac Aero is offering they may have had acme make them up something special for them. Jeremy is a very knowledgeable cub guy, so he’s definitely someone to pay attention too.
I have flown all the shocks out there and acme hands down has the best product out there right now in my opinion. The bungees are terrible unless your gonna leave it in the hanger or land on smooth grass strips and they’ll still rattle your teeth. I flew a super cub with those air shocks and when I landed I actually thought It had bungees, told Jay he needed to go fly my plane and now he’s running acmes on it. He was one of those diehard air shock guys.
Hopefully you’ll go enjoy your plane for what they where made for, not let it sit in the hanger and post some cool pictures for us to look at. Be nice to see more of that on here, cool pictures of people enjoying there airplanes.
Chuck