Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Default Re: Oil change interval

Sorry, I was talking about the 340.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

is everyone using Aeroshell 15W-50? that's whats listed in the POH or "an equivilent" just curious to know if that's what everyone is running. planning the oil purchase for a brand new FX3 with the CC363i
    TIA

Quote Originally Posted by rdiaz View Post
    is everyone using Aeroshell 15W-50? that's whats listed in the POH or "an equivilent" just curious to know if that's what everyone is running. planning the oil purchase for a brand new FX3 with the CC363i
    TIA
    i stick with Aeroshell 15w-50 in my FX3 and change oil ever 30 hrs or so

Agree with T-squared.

Aero Shell 15W-50 is the recommended oil for the cc363i after break in is complete. (It is not the recommended oil for the cc340).
    I also try to change it every 25-30 hours, more than the recommended 50.

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

thanks for the info gents. appreciate that

TIA

Are you taking delivery near Yakima and flying phase 1 yourself? I did that and was expecting to have to do the oil changes myself. I was pleasantly surprised that CubCrafters did the first 2 oil changes for me and also gave me enough oil to ferry home.

If you do the same there should be no need to worry about oil and filters until quite a few hours after you get it home.

Post Re: Oil change interval

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Are you taking delivery near Yakima and flying phase 1 yourself? I did that and was expecting to have to do the oil changes myself. I was pleasantly surprised that CubCrafters did the first 2 oil changes for me and also gave me enough oil to ferry home.

If you do the same there should be no need to worry about oil and filters until quite a few hours after you get it home.

Thats still up in the air at this point. We have every intention to take delivery in Hood river and fly it back with a group of FX3's returning to Texas. I won't be doing the Phase 1 myself. We are planning on going back for our second visit end of This month/begining of May sometime. those dates are still a moving target. Im just anticipating the oil changes and making sure i get cases of oil in the hanger ready. also will need to get some filters. I work for a flight school so i can get the Oil discounted as they purchase it in very large quantities so i can get small order added on just for me. i need to get oil and air filters as well. You running Cam Guard? ive heard great things about it. i understand Aeroshell has some anti-wear additives and if the plane is flown regularly then cam guard probably isn't necessary. Still on the fence about that. i'm sure where gonna fly it at least once a week in not more, but not sure if thats enough to say don't use cam guard, Aeroshell is enough.
    ---------------------------------------
    Roy Diaz
    Midland, TX
    KMDD
    CC FX3

----------------------------------------

You running Cam Guard? ive heard great things about it. i understand Aeroshell has some anti-wear additives and if the plane is flown regularly then cam guard probably isn't necessary. Still on the fence about that. i'm sure where gonna fly it at least once a week in not more, but not sure if thats enough to say don't use cam guard, Aeroshell is enough.
    As mentioned earlier in this thread I have a high time 0-360 in my PA-28. It has run on nothing but AeroShell 100W and when I removed a cylinder at about 2,900 hours since major the 3 visible cam lobes were in perfect condition. About 8 years earlier I had measured all valve lifts with a dial gauge and all lifts were normal. It sometimes sits for a month without being flown but humidity is very low in AZ. Oil/filter changes on that engine are 50 hours or 1 year.

No, I don't use Cam Guard in my FX-3.

good to know, i may just stick with Aero-shell then and call it a day. thanks for the info!
    ---------------------------------------
    Roy Diaz
    Midland, TX
    KMDD
    CC FX3

----------------------------------------