Thread: EX POH and % of Power

Default EX POH and % of Power

This is probably a question for CubCrafters but I'll take an answer from anyone who might know. I'm looking at my EX POH on page 5-10 were it defines cruise engine data and I was wondering if anyone has the HP rating and % of power for rpms over 2200 for the various pressure altitudes that are listed in that section. I'm curious why the 2300-2700 rpms are not listed. thanks
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

Default Re: EX POH and % of Power

Quote Originally Posted by stede52 View Post
    I'm curious why the 2300-2700 rpms are not listed. thanks

I'll speculate that this AFM was based on an LSA model that had power or rpm limits that are not applicable to the EX. Does it look like this - http://cubcrafters.com/c/wp-content/..._Statement.pdf

FWIW the EX-3/FX-3 AFM template cruise performance tables have no data for % power or HP but the specified power settings do include data for 2,700 rpm.

The AFM templates sometimes seem to be a bit inconsistent e.g. EX-3/FX-3 AFM template gives takeoff and landing performance data for 80 inch prop and 26 inch tires. However, all the climb and cruise data are for 83 inch prop and 29 inch tires.

As the builder you are responsible for filling the gaps and deleting data that's not applicable - I wonder how many EX/FX builders have actually done that.

Default Re: EX POH and % of Power

Pete D, can CubCrafters provide any additional information on % of power numbers beyond the 2250 rpms for the elevations of POH for the EX1, CC340?
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA