Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: General Electronics & Avionics

Default Re: General Electronics & Avionics

I'm working toward fitting the boot cowl so I'm configuring and testing everything I can. One thing I have looked at is the elevator trim configuration and making sure it displayed on the G3X panel. I've roughly set the full up and down limits of elevator trim travel and the display is present and functional.

What are these photos telling me about this?
    • The first photo shows the GEA 24 inputs tab and Pos 1/GP 1 - Elevator Trim. It is shown in BLUE. I assume this means it's recognized and configured and this is the wiring input. Is that correct?
    • The second photo is the GEA 24 Discrete tab. The GP 1 is labeled Elevator Trim and it is shown in WHITE. What is this telling me? Is it that GP 1 is assigned for Elevator Trim and is available but not used. And this is not active since the GEA Input Pos 1/GP 1 is used instead?

Looking for understanding that I haven't found in the Garmin G3X Manual yet.

COdmSzyQR3OxVVpL1uOUAg.jpg

FFigbZUFR9SQP09gvLgtMg.jpg
    Last edited by jmorrical; 12-17-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Jim Morrical

Default Re: General Electronics & Avionics

Quote Originally Posted by jmorrical View Post
    Looking for understanding that I haven't found in the Garmin G3X Manual yet.
    Your indications appear to be correct. If a GP input is assigned as a custom analog input it is no longer available to be a discrete input. If I remember correctly the white on the discrete tab indicates that port is already assigned and cannot be changed from that tab.