Thread: G3X power up- PFD1 not connected

Default G3X power up- PFD1 not connected

Just powered up my G3X and it gives me message saying PFD1 not connected. I enter into config mode and try to load data files but can’t get past this message. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: G3X power up- PFD1 not connected

Quote Originally Posted by Zach83 View Post
    Just powered up my G3X and it gives me message saying PFD1 not connected. I enter into config mode and try to load data files but can’t get past this message. Any ideas?
    I think this indicates that the display thinks it is PFD2 or MFD1 or MFD2. Whatever it thinks it is, it doesn't think it is PFD1.

To configure a GDU 465 as PFD1 program pin 1 needs to be grounded and program pin 2 needs to be open. If the ground on program pin 1 has failed then the display will think it is MFD1.

I'd suggest checking that P4602 pin 10 is connected to ground. In the CubCrafters schematic this ground is provided by a link between pins 10 and 27.

( I have never seen this issue and the suggestion is based on my, perhaps incorrect, interpretation of installation manual section 26.4.6 Mode Selections, GDU System ID Program Pins)

Default Re: G3X power up- PFD1 not connected

Ok. They wired the harness wrong. Pin 9 was to pin 27. Changed the pins to 10 jumped to 27 and that fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk