Thread: Assembly of Landing Gear to Bungee Components

Default Assembly of Landing Gear to Bungee Components

I refer to EX2 Finish Manual Page 124 Figure FN30 concerning the assembly of the Hydrasorb Bungee attachment to the stub axle end of the landing gear.
    The part number is XC41600-001, of which two, exactly the same arms, are supplied.
    I went back to the assembly of the Hydrasorb components for a solution, but I do not have figure AM4 referred to in Section 3 page 23 of the Assemblies manual. There are no pages 24 or 25 in my Assemblies Manual, perhaps that's my problem.
    My issue is that when the left side arm is joined to the bungee end the landing gear axle end is at 90 degrees and therefore cannot be fitted to the landing gear end.
    The right side rod XC41600-001 arm does not present such a problem, suggesting that the rods should not be identical. It does not make sense, are they the same part, which are interchangeable for either side?
    Even if I misassembled the rod at the AN5-13A or the AN6-17 (Detail C & B) bolt ends, the problem is still not solved, the two components are still not aligned properly, they are still at 90 degrees to what they should be, to be joined properly at the axle end.

Is there some extra assembly information available to solve this mystery?
    Last edited by karaka29211; 11-29-2020 at 03:25 PM. Reason: additions

Default Re: Assembly of Landing Gear to Bungee Components

It seems that the problem lies that on one side, the attachment holes at either end of the Univar Hydrasorb unit are not at right angles to each other.
    Is it possible to turn the extensions on the Hydrasorb unit to correctly align to the landing gear arms at the correct angle?

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    I refer to EX2 Finish Manual Page 124 Figure FN30 concerning the assembly of the Hydrasorb Bungee attachment to the stub axle end of the landing gear.
    The part number is XC41600-001, of which two, exactly the same arms, are supplied.
    I went back to the assembly of the Hydrasorb components for a solution, but I do not have figure AM4 referred to in Section 3 page 23 of the Assemblies manual. There are no pages 24 or 25 in my Assemblies Manual, perhaps that's my problem.
    My issue is that when the left side arm is joined to the bungee end the landing gear axle end is at 90 degrees and therefore cannot be fitted to the landing gear end.
    The right side rod XC41600-001 arm does not present such a problem, suggesting that the rods should not be identical. It does not make sense, are they the same part, which are interchangeable for either side?
    Even if I misassembled the rod at the AN5-13A or the AN6-17 (Detail C & B) bolt ends, the problem is still not solved, the two components are still not aligned properly, they are still at 90 degrees to what they should be, to be joined properly at the axle end.

Is there some extra assembly information available to solve this mystery?

Default Re: Assembly of Landing Gear to Bungee Components

Do the attachment holes at either end of the Hydrasorb unit have to be at a particular angle to each other, before the roll pin is inserted? Not stated on page 26 of Assemblies Manual, but seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    It seems that the problem lies that on one side, the attachment holes at either end of the Univar Hydrasorb unit are not at right angles to each other.
    Alternatively, is it possible to turn the extensions on the Hydrasorb unit to correctly align to the landing gear arms at the correct angle?