Thread: AFCS Track mode

Default AFCS Track mode

Last flight in 7CC I experimented with AFCS track hold/select mode. It seems to work well but is not selectable from the GMC 305 or the earlier fit GMC 307. Track mode is selectable from the GDU 465 AFCS GUI.

Perhaps another reason to want a GMC 507 instead of the, now standard, GMC 305.

It's fun to fly what is essentially a very basic Super Cub and to play with modern avionics at the same time.

Default Re: AFCS Track mode

Good to know. The web site showed GMC 307 at the time of my order so that is what I'll be expecting or it's new version of the 507. 307's are out there still so they can be obtained.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdrvr View Post
    Good to know. The web site showed GMC 307 at the time of my order so that is what I'll be expecting or it's new version of the 507. 307's are out there still so they can be obtained.
    I suggest you contact CubCrafters or your sales person for information on the current panel design and equipment fit. The panel that was standard earlier this year (G5 space provisions on left and GTR 200 and GMC 305 stacked on right) does not have room for a GMC 307 or 507 and the standard wiring harness is not compatible with the GMC 507.

The earlier panel design (still shown on the CC website when I last looked) had GMC 307 on left, GTR 200 on right, and no place to fit the G5. I would not fly my FX-3 at night without the G5.

I do understand those that add the G5 or IFR Lite may not have space behind the panel if the 307 is deeper. But I'm going with the standard panel so the GMC 307 is left and radio right as pictured on the exec glass layout. That may be the point of confusion for those that are getting the 305 if it's a matter of the components in play so I'm not mislead about the default layout and components involved that could be confused here.