Thread: Factory Float Kit Fuselage Problem

Default Factory Float Kit Fuselage Problem

Im building an EX3 kit with the factory float option and am having a terrible time fitting my floorboards and forward baggage. It seems pretty apparent that i will have to notch the floorboards and the baggage floor to fit around the additional tubing in my fuselage. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and if so how it was addressed. Thanks!!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by n.mike; 11-12-2020 at 03:14 PM.

Default Re: Factory Float Kit Fuselage Problem

Quote Originally Posted by n.mike View Post
    Im building an EX3 kit with the factory float option and am having a terrible time fitting my floorboards and forward baggage. It seems pretty apparent that i will have to notch the floorboards and the baggage floor to fit around the additional tubing in my fuselage. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this and if so how it was addressed. Thanks!!

I was sent a float fuselage by mistake, and had the same problems. CC does not address the differences caused by the tubing doublers and extra braces. I cut several notches in floors and also interior side panels. And I had to machine one of the pieces that support the belly stringer to fit around the fatter tube.

John

Same, Same.
    I have the Factory Float fuselage. No help from the manuals. I cut in the floor and side panels then made filler patches. They’re not pretty but I didn’t want those gaping holes for stuff to fall through. I’ll have a carpeted floor so I think it will be fine.

Here's what I did. I cut notches in the floor board to fit around the braces as small as I could and still get the floorboard in. In the extended baggage area, I cut notches and then made some small cover plates. My cardboard templates are shown in the photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images