Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SI0037 - Aft Seat Installation

Default Re: SI0037 - Aft Seat Installation

My CFO (Chief Financial Officer) finds the sling seat comfortable but she can't really see up front (that may a good thing as I dazzle her with my superb flying skills).

So I suspect Andy is correct about dual training improvements.
    Last edited by aeroaddict; 12-18-2020 at 08:49 AM.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

So, like the front seat, no provision for holding it in the forward tilted position. I would have liked to have seen the video extended to show re-fitting both pins.

I was particularly interested in seeing the "getting in" part of the video. I can easily get in and out of the front seat of my FX-3 but I find the back seat really awkward. I've been avoiding using the front seat as a hand hold and the frame tubes just aren't in the right places for my height and build.

I’m just wondering if anyone has any more information on this option. Is 5k the price for ordering a new airplane with this seat, and did we ever get a weight figure? From reviewing the service instruction, it appears as if the seat would only tilt forward after installation, and that it isn’t removable without a fair bit of work with tools, correct?

I’m not going for a super light STOL drag build so I’m considering this, because I do like to take a friend on flights. However, I'm not sure if the more restricted access to the aft cargo would be worth the tradeoff considering that I'd probably be flying solo 80-90% of the time.
    Last edited by Pilot; 03-05-2021 at 08:24 PM.