Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SI0037 - Aft Seat Installation

Default Re: SI0037 - Aft Seat Installation

These instructions and bulletins all leave quite a things unanswered.

On the stitching issue I did not know CC had a program to fix them. Just today I was putting my rear seat in and noticed some stitch issues in a different area than the bulletin wanted us to look at.

03F7053B-4227-4196-828B-4EEC8925BFFF.jpg

A friend and I were looking for some cows for a rancher that had not wandered home yet.

6C09586F-AD06-4798-AF46-D4FC54624029.jpg

Found a pair in this little meadow last week and a bull today. It was fun to watch from above as we directed him by radio to the bull. And that bull did not want to be pushed. He had a saddled horse in the stock trailer and burst out after the bull like a scene from a Western movie, just like the posse closing in on the bad guys.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Yikes! That's definitely not good and not the area covered by the SB. I'll go and thoroughly check the sling seat today.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Quote Originally Posted by aeroaddict View Post
    Yikes! That's definitely not good and not the area covered by the SB. I'll go and thoroughly check the sling seat today.
    I just reinspected my sling seat on my 2014 CC. Everything is in great shape so there must have been a batch with a problem. That new seat must be a net increased of at least 4 or 5 pounds and there is no place to stow it when not needed.
    Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    That new seat must be a net increased of at least 4 or 5 pounds and there is no place to stow it when not needed.
    I'll speculate that the new seat was requested by a training organization that uses flight instructors less than 6 ft tall. In the back of my FX-3 my legs are at almost full stretch to reach the rudder pedals and brakes. In the front seat I wish I had at least another 3 inches of leg room with the seat all the way back.

Note that the new rear seat rises as it goes forward, just what you would want for shorter instructors. No easy tilt and no stowage when removed would not be factors in a flight training environment.

Just came out with SK-SI005 for CCK-1865 &-2000 series.
    My wife hates the sling seat I've ridden there once. $5200 starting price. Happy wife vs $5200 tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by lbell View Post
    My wife hates the sling seat I've ridden there once. $5200 starting price. Happy wife vs $5200 tough call.
    Yeah, I think $5K for a rear seat is asking a bit much. I'd consider it in the 2K range.

Considering this also applies to the C11 certified Sport Cub, you can imagine the engineering, testing and cost of paperwork to get this modification out.

Don't know if $5200 is a bargain or not, but it looks like some nice engineering that will add a safe second seat to your plane.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Considering this also applies to the C11 certified Sport Cub, you can imagine the engineering, testing and cost of paperwork to get this modification out.

Don't know if $5200 is a bargain or not, but it looks like some nice engineering that will add a safe second seat to your plane.
    I look forward to trying out both rear seats (sling and new) as I've not been in any. I'm sure Laceigh will show me around and probably cause more financial bleeding My biggest concern will be easy removal and storage as my dog will be my copilot 98% of the time.

I think you might be in luck $$ wise as I bet a dog would much prefer a sling seat than the regular seat.

Reread my previous post and did not mean to imply the sling seat is not safe. My point was the new seat also has to be certified safe.

Alos, per Dan L's thread, I checked my sling seat and the top stitching looks great.
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL

Looks comfortable but very inflexible and heavy. Sling seat is a perfect solution for those who fly primarily single pilot with dogs and cargo but allow a quick conversion to passenger. Probably not going to sell many.

Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA