Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Belly Pods and CO levels

Default Re: Belly Pods and CO levels

Quote Originally Posted by jim_ruttler View Post
    Hi Bob,

As far as the app goes, it pairs automatically when the app is open. The EX 2 is constantly monitoring with updates ever 12 seconds. You can open the app at anytime to get the data. If the app is in the foreground or background on your iOS device, you'll get notifications. If you pair your headset to your phone, Siri will even talk to you and let you know when you've crossed 2ppm, 10ppm, 50ppm, or your own custom level you define.
    That was my question. So as long as Aithre Connect IOS app is running foreground or background, anytime the EX2 powers up I should get notifications. Now if you can work out a deal to get integration via ForeFlight app that would be perfect. With a single panel system in the CC I use an iPad for charts running ForeFlight so that app I know is always there.

Bob Anderson, CC11-00435, N94RA

Quote Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
    That was my question. So as long as Aithre Connect IOS app is running foreground or background, anytime the EX2 powers up I should get notifications. Now if you can work out a deal to get integration via ForeFlight app that would be perfect. With a single panel system in the CC I use an iPad for charts running ForeFlight so that app I know is always there.
    Bob, have you used split screen yet on your iOS? The Aithre app is enabled so you can reduce it to 1/3 on the right on iPads. Nice panel.

Quote Originally Posted by jim_ruttler View Post
    Bob, have you used split screen yet on your iOS? The Aithre app is enabled so you can reduce it to 1/3 on the right on iPads. Nice panel.
    Thanks for the tip. Will give it a try. I will get it wired into the GEA24 the next time I have things opened up.

One more question. Does P243 plug on the GEA24 use low density sub-d female pins?

I wasn't familiar with the Aithre unit. It seems similar to the Sparrow. I looked at Spruce's website and read a review that says if you're connected to the Aithre with your phone that you can't connect your phone to other devices, like a bluetooth headset. I am always connected to my headset with my iPhone listening to music or hearing a text come in - ordinary phone uses. Perhaps Jim could comment if this is actually a conflict?

I'm in the market for a new detector.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

One more question. Does P243 plug on the GEA24 use low density sub-d female pins?
    According to Table 1-8 of the installation manual J241, J243, and J244 mate with Socket size 20. J242 is the odd one out as it needs Pin size 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    I wasn't familiar with the Aithre unit. It seems similar to the Sparrow. I looked at Spruce's website and read a review that says if you're connected to the Aithre with your phone that you can't connect your phone to other devices, like a bluetooth headset. I am always connected to my headset with my iPhone listening to music or hearing a text come in - ordinary phone uses. Perhaps Jim could comment if this is actually a conflict?

I'm in the market for a new detector.
    Hi Dan,

It was true at one point, but not anymore. It was a fairly easy fix and too bad this comment persists... We do all the programming in house for all of our devices, so if there are issues we always resolve them.

You can call anytime if you have questions.

Jim Ruttler, Founder & President
    Aithre, Inc.
    RV-10 Built & Flying N104ZU
    Private & Instrument Rated
    206-920-8062 (mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    According to Table 1-8 of the installation manual J241, J243, and J244 mate with Socket size 20. J242 is the odd one out as it needs Pin size 20.
    Thanks Andy for jumping in to help. I actually didn't know this off the top of my head as I personally have Advanced in my RV-10 and the SV-EMS requires all female d-subs. The instructions we provide were developed by Garmin to help with installation, so they are reliable.

-Jim

Saw the table my problem was finding the Garmin pin with part number 336-00022-02. Aircraft Spruce does not show it and I have not found another pin to cross reference to except for Ebay.

Saw the table my problem was finding the Garmin pin with part number 336-00022-02. Aircraft Spruce does not show it and I have not found another pin to cross reference to except for Ebay.
    I thought it might be easy to find a cross reference between MS part number and Garmin part number, but I haven't found one yet. I do happen to have several packs of Garmin part number 336-00022-02 and they appear to match these:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...lickkey=519691

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I thought it might be easy to find a cross reference between MS part number and Garmin part number, but I haven't found one yet. I do happen to have several packs of Garmin part number 336-00022-02 and they appear to match these:

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...lickkey=519691
    Thanks Andy. I was about to order those pins and just see if they worked. If they look the same I will give it a try. Now the big job is getting to that connector on the GEA24. CubCrafters mounted that box in a place that is really hard to get to without removing the transponder. All of that upside down on your back under the panel.
    Last edited by turbopilot; 01-28-2021 at 04:31 PM.