Thread: Metallic paint?

Question Metallic paint?

I've heard that metallic paint is not recommended as there are apparent complications or challenges CubCrafters has with it. Yet it's an option on the web site and I sure would consider a metallic blue over white or a metallic crimson over white. Can anyone share what the issues or concerns are with metallic paint and why it's a challenge for CubCrafters? If I was to choose this option would I end up with a quality result or is this just too risky?

Thank you for any information regarding metallic paint and what the problems may be.

Default Re: Metallic paint?

Quote Originally Posted by hawgdrvr View Post
    I've heard that metallic paint is not recommended as there are apparent complications or challenges CubCrafters has with it. Yet it's an option on the web site and I sure would consider a metallic blue over white or a metallic crimson over white. Can anyone share what the issues or concerns are with metallic paint and why it's a challenge for CubCrafters? If I was to choose this option would I end up with a quality result or is this just too risky?

Thank you for any information regarding metallic paint and what the problems may be.

If you're referring to metal flake or pearl paints, it's almost impossible to repaint a repair so that it matches the original paint.

Bill

Default Re: Metallic paint?

Neal, not a good idea. Metallic paints are very difficult to apply and nearly impossible to repair.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA