Thread: Helmets

Default Helmets

I wanted to get some views on wearing a helmet in the CC. What is recommended? Which helmets are recommended? Can I fit my Bose A20 in them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: Helmets

There are quite a few on the market now and Acme Aero had a YouTube live yesterday announcing theirs and like some others horrendously expensive. I don't get the price points of these helmets and think they are after the wealthy persons' wallet with no justification for the price points they're asking. The only one that seems reasonable is Sky Cowboy Supply Co in my opinion. Flighthelmet.com was recommended to me as well and they have nice helmets, horrendously expensive, but they can convert my Air Force A-10 helmet which is custom fit to my head which I may consider. The problem is I'm not sure the Bose A20 is reversible once integrated into the helmet so you're committed but with the Sky Cowboy that doesn't seem to be the case.

https://www.skycowboysupplyco.com/shop-1

If I don't go the route of having my A-10 helmet (Gentex HGU-55) converted I'll likey go with Sky Cowboy. I'm still on the fence of helmet or not and there may be times to wear one and times to have a more leisurely flying and comfort. We'll see.

P.S. The cost to convert my Air Force helmet exceeds the cost of the Sky Cowboy Helmet so I have to weigh that in but that pushes me towards Sky Cowboy as well.

Lots of discussion on Super Cub Forum

Any experience with Icaro Pro Copter helmet?

Quote Originally Posted by Schwbo View Post
    Any experience with Icaro Pro Copter helmet?

i have a Lift helmet, a bonehead helmet and a new Acme Aero helmet. They all have Bose headsets in them. I’ve been wearing a helmet for about a year in a half now. There all good. I haven’t flown with the Acme helmet yet but I’m headed to Arkansas then Idaho so I’ll have a pretty good idea how i like it. I’d say the fit and finish and adjustability of this new Acme is the best for sure. I visited the manufacturer who been doing strictly military helmets, they where in testing at the time he told me they would be tested to military standards. The lift is nice I don’t like the visor isn’t attached other then the strap,it comfortablle. Getting a Bose head set in it isn’t a easy task. The bonehead is nice I have a little trouble getting it to fit and seal on my head. You can get from Tac Aero with Bose in it and it is comfortable.I tryed one of those search and rescue helmet with the Bose headsets. Wasn’t for me at all. Felt like I had my old skate board helmet on. But I know some people who love them ,so that’s just me. I don’t see any reason not to wear one. It is extremely quite when it’s on, takes a little while to hear what’s going on with the plane when you first start wearing it.
    Chuck
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Springloaded; 09-07-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Almost everything you wanted to know about helmets.

https://www.supercub.org/forum/showt...ghlight=helmet
    Dan Arnold
    KEUL