Thread: Stall Warning Installation

Default Stall Warning Installation

At the point of covering and paint and looking back at Section 38 Page 165 of the Wing manual, the requirement (in RED) is that the Stall Warning is to be fitted after covering and paint. This seems impossible to do after completing the covering of the left wing when the Stall warning switch is behind the leading edge.
    Is this just poorly worded, or how is the installation of the Stall warning switch completed after cover?

Default Re: Stall Warning Installation

Yes, you will notice there is a 5” inspection grommet/hole you will have there that gives you access to install that stall warning switch after you are finished with paint and wings installation.

Quote Originally Posted by karaka29211 View Post
    At the point of covering and paint and looking back at Section 38 Page 165 of the Wing manual, the requirement (in RED) is that the Stall Warning is to be fitted after covering and paint. This seems impossible to do after completing the covering of the left wing when the Stall warning switch is behind the leading edge.
    Is this just poorly worded, or how is the installation of the Stall warning switch completed after cover?
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

If I build again I would not install it if you have the Garmin AOA. I pulled my breaker soon after the first flight.

I use it to confirm I'm at the desired speed for a steep approach to land. No horn too fast. Other times I just shut it out much like I do the first two times I'm asked to pee the puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    Yes, you will notice there is a 5” inspection grommet/hole you will have there that gives you access to install that stall warning switch after you are finished with paint and wings installation.
    Thanks Dave and all others, that's clear advice , there must have been a simple answer.

When I built my Vans I had a discussion with the DAR regarding having a stall warner. He told me that it is not required. The installation in a Part 23 aircraft is up to the manufacturer, in which case in goes in the equipment list and must be installed/repaired/replaced. As you are the manufacturer you make the decision. BTW I did install one and have a AOA (I like a belt and pair of suspenders).