Thread: GTR 200 left/right channel error

Default GTR 200 left/right channel error

If you own a CubCrafters airplane with a GTR 200 Com radio, and you use stereo headsets, I'd suggest running the GTR 200 installation manual headset test. It appears that many aircraft will have the left and right channels swapped due to a CubCrafters drawing error.

This error will only impact those who configure the GTR 200 for 3D audio or those who listen to stereo music.

Andy

Default Re: GTR 200 left/right channel error

Thank Andy,

That is interesting as I had problems on the first plane not being able to get stereo out of the aux jack. With the wires swapped, what were the symptoms you experienced? Was it just the sounds being swapped left to right (which you wouldn’t really notice) or did it cause it not to work at all in curtain instances?

I know the 3d sound you can set up but doesn’t really apply to 2 tandem seats in our case.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    If you own a CubCrafters airplane with a GTR 200 Com radio, and you use stereo headsets, I'd suggest running the GTR 200 installation manual headset test. It appears that many aircraft will have the left and right channels swapped due to a CubCrafters drawing error.

This error will only impact those who configure the GTR 200 for 3D audio or those who listen to stereo music.

Andy
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Dave,

GTR 200 3D COM audio is useful when using the MON function of the STBY frequency. In this case STBY should be heard in the right ear and ACTIVE, when it mutes STBY, should be heard in the left ear.

3D intercom is configured separately and, I agree, is not useful for tandem seating.

Since the wiring error is between the radio and the headset jacks it would also reverse left and right channels for GDU 465 XM music or any Aux source connected to GDU 46x or GTR 200.

Any audio connected directly to a Bose headset AUX jack or by BlueTooth would not be reversed.

Andy
    Last edited by Andy; 06-28-2020 at 11:33 AM.

ahhh. Very interesting. I didn’t know the 3D did that on monitor and I like that for sure. I use to do the 3D and then didn’t bother with it anymore because with just 2 tandem paxs it didn’t seem useful but the monitor function is great.

thanks for sharing all that!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Dave,

GTR 200 3D COM audio is useful when using the MON function of the STBY frequency. In this case STBY should be heard in the right ear and ACTIVE, when it mutes STBY, should be heard in the left ear.

3D intercom is configured separately and, I agree, is not useful for tandem seating.

Since the wiring error is between the radio and the headset jacks it would also reverse left and right channels for GDU 465 XM music or any Aux source connected to GDU 46x or GTR 200.

Any audio connected directly to a Bose headed AUX jack or by BlueTooth would not be reversed.

Andy
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..