Since moving to the USA from Scotland a year or so ago I've definitely seen the appeal of going for an experimental aircraft...
I flew a 150HP Super Cub in scotland and now the Carbon cubs have got my attention in a big way until the all in kit price scared me a bit haha- my share from the cub and more went into my immigration and relocation fees....

Do many people do these as a syndicate group?
I'm part owner of an aircraft maintenance shop so I have a 10,000sq/ft hangar space for building...
If I supplied $30k of avionics (It would be a super high tech package- Dynon HDX with 3 axis autopilot, auto trim, Vertical Power boxes and a top of the line Avidyne IFD550) and built it all (I've built 2 homebuilts before) would that entice someone enough to go in 60/40 or whatever into the remainder of the kit cost? I'm not sure how to value the build labor as I'm not sure how much cub crafters charges for their owner assist.
I'm trying to justify to myself that this could potentially be a good idea but Im not sure how best to find a partner or two around Reno, NV..
Few other perks including free parking, labor free maintenance etc