Thread: Paint

Default Paint

Hey CC community, I need a little bit of clarification on some paint questions. I am getting ready to paint the paint scheme below and for the white it is labeled "base" coat and the silver as the "main" coat. Does that mean the whole plane is painted white and then the silver layer over the top of that or the other way around?

Next question; does anyone buy their PPG paint from someplace other than CC. I haven't been able to get a response in regard to my paint request and I need to paint NOW before the weather gets too hot.
    image.jpg
    Thanks
    Chris
    Last edited by CdPea; 06-23-2020 at 09:20 AM.

Default Re: Paint

Chris,

I would paint the white first. You can paint the entire fuselage with it or just the top and sides down to the bottom longeron as well and then come back with the silver on the sides and bottom. White is always a good base coat, neutral color.

I haven’t used the new Delfleet Evolution single stage paint since CC ran out of the DUHS but I have heard it paints up the same as the DUHS which was highly pigmented and is very easy to paint. I have also heard that you can get it from any PPG dealer (just look online for one near you) as CC doesn’t add anything to it. I have always gotten it from CC. I like dealing with everything from one place and CC is always good to stand behind their stuff and give support.

Where did you get this design, spec sheet?

Quote Originally Posted by CdPea View Post
    Hey CC community, I need a little bit of clarification on some paint questions. I am getting ready to paint the paint scheme below and for the white it is labeled "base" coat and the silver as the "main" coat. Does that mean the whole plane is painted white and then the silver layer over the top of that or the other way around?

Next question; does anyone buy their PPG paint from someplace other than CC. I haven't been able to get a response in regard to my paint request and I need to paint NOW before the weather gets too hot.
    image.jpg
    Thanks
    Chris
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Default Re: Paint

Thanks Dave. I got the paint scheme sheet from CC. I sent them a photo of a plane from their pre-owned site and they sent me the image.
    thanks
    chris