Thread: NE Summer Fun 2020

Default NE Summer Fun 2020

Well, 2 weeks ago I made this

Today, this

Gotta love live in upstate NY

Glenn

Default Re: NE Summer Fun 2020

Sad news, one of the four J4/1320 Amigo's in this photo went west on Saturday night. 1st J4

My good pal Dave Winrock 77 had been feeling not quite himself the last couple months. Got in last week to see a Doctor and they ran some tests. They told him he had Leukemia and might make it a couple months with their help. Dave said thanks but I'm going home. Dave was an amazing craftsman, almost everything he had he bought damaged and rebuilt it. Flooded house on lake Champlain that no one wanted, hail damaged C172 that he got from insurance and redskinned. Rebuilt EDO 1320 floats, then restored his J4 over the winter. Has a C30 1976 Chevy duelly that he shoehorned a Ford/IHC 7.3 into. Rebuild a RV6 that got hit by a car, he bought it off of eBay, had it flying in 7 months and had less then 18k in it. His lastest project was a damaged R22 Robinson he got last year and started taking lessons at 77. Never got discouraged with any job, just a fun new challenge to solve.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003910823413

Also Island Bob's lifetime best friend.

Blue skies my friend, I enjoyed every second with you

Glenn
    Last edited by Cubdriver2; 06-01-2020 at 07:16 AM.

Default Re: NE Summer Fun 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Cubdriver2 View Post
    Sad news, one of the four J4/1320 Amigo's in this photo went west on Saturday night. 1st J4

My good pal Dave Winrock 77 had been feeling not quite himself the last couple months. Got in last week to see a Doctor and they ran some tests. They told him he had Leukemia and might make it a couple months with their help. Dave said thanks but I'm going home. Dave was an amazing craftsman, almost everything he had he bought damaged and rebuilt it. Flooded house on lake Champlain that no one wanted, hail damaged C172 that he got from insurance and redskinned. Rebuilt EDO 1320 floats, then restored his J4 over the winter. Has a C30 1976 Chevy duelly that he shoehorned a Ford/IHC 7.3 into. Rebuild a RV6 that got hit by a car, he bought it off of eBay, had it flying in 7 months and had less then 18k in it. His lastest project was a damaged R22 Robinson he got last year and started taking lessons at 77. Never got discouraged with any job, just a fun new challenge to solve.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...00003910823413

Also Island Bob's lifetime best friend.

Blue skies my friend, I enjoyed every second with you

Glenn
    Sorry to here that Glenn, sounded like a real talented individual.
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News