Thread: Acme shock response

Default Acme shock response

Dan, the only time we've experienced this is when the upper cabane bolt was not torqued to proper specs or incorrect spacer width was used. Please give us a call at 704-496-9022 Ext. 2. We'd be glad to send you new bushings and supply you with proper torque specs for your application.

Thanks for the response. That follows with what I assumed was probably going on. When I remove th skis I’ll get a good measurement on the width of the cabane. And it could be the pocket in mine will accept an on-center bushing. If so I’ll just make one from some 416 SS I have. That would keep it from pivoting around and also tighten the wheel camber. I have the heim joints threaded up as far as they’ll go now.

810F20FE-CFE1-4279-94FC-976B74C6D244.jpg
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011

Default Re: Acme shock response

Quote Originally Posted by Dan L View Post
    Dan, the only time we've experienced this is when the upper cabane bolt was not torqued to proper specs or incorrect spacer width was used. Please give us a call at 704-496-9022 Ext. 2. We'd be glad to send you new bushings and supply you with proper torque specs for your application.

Thanks for the response. That follows with what I assumed was probably going on. When I remove th skis I’ll get a good measurement on the width of the cabane. And it could be the pocket in mine will accept an on-center bushing. If so I’ll just make one from some 416 SS I have. That would keep it from pivoting around and also tighten the wheel camber. I have the heim joints threaded up as far as they’ll go now.

810F20FE-CFE1-4279-94FC-976B74C6D244.jpg
    Dan
    I believe you have straight 3” gear, which is what I usually run and some of them had a clearance problem with the pipes. They seem to very on cabanvees just a little.
    ‘If you put stainless in there, I’d put some TeFGel on it. We use it in my shop a lot for dissimilar metals. I use anywhere screws go thru aluminum. Also put it on my cables where they pass thru the fairleads. It’s good stuff!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chuck Kinberger
    Southern Cubs
    Florida Cubcrafter Sales
    Jupiter Fl.
    Pa11890ck@gmail.com
    You can sit at home & hear the News or get out there & be the News

Default Re: Acme shock response

Yes Chuck, I have straight 3” gear. But mine is Dodge gear and a Dodge cabane. My Airglas skis need fittings welded to the gear and when I bought the skis they furnished Dodge gear with the fittings welded on.

So, a little different setup than Cub Crafters gear.

Thanks for the tip on dissimilar metals grease.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011