Thread: G3-X Touch configuration files for FX-3

Default G3-X Touch configuration files for FX-3

I have been studying the G3X touch installation manual and pilot guide, on and off, for several months. However, I have not yet found a method of saving the entire G3X system configuration to the SD card. I may wish to change some configuration settings but I'd be reluctant to do that unless I can restore the original, as delivered, CubCrafters' settings and/or any configuration I may have created after delivery.

I assume that CubCrafters will load a standard configuration during production and perhaps tweak some calibrations or settings for individual aircraft. Are those baseline and aircraft specific configuration files available to the aircraft owner?

Can the aircraft owner save the current G3X configuration file(s) to the SD card? if so, where is that documented?

I'm hopeful that all this is possible since Vans Aircraft describes some of what I'm asking about here -

https://www.vansaircraft.com/wp-cont...E-11-29-18.pdf

Thanks,
    Andy

Default Re: G3-X Touch configuration files for FX-3

Hello Andy,

Yes there is an option to save the configuration to the SD card. The G3X installation manual has a section titled “Configuration Files Page” that describes how. The G3X saves the configuration file with a default file name that could then be moved from the SD card onto a computer. Then the file can be renamed and copied back onto the SD card. There can be multiple config files on the SD card that are then listed for use in G3X configuration mode. From my experience with avionics in general, I suggest always recording at least Tach and Hobbs time before (re) loading configurations.

Hope that helps,
    Andrew
    Andrew Y
    Systems Engineering and Design
    Cub Crafters, Inc.

Default Re: G3-X Touch configuration files for FX-3

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Y View Post
    Hello Andy,

Yes there is an option to save the configuration to the SD card. The G3X installation manual has a section titled “Configuration Files Page” that describes how.
    Andrew

Thanks Andrew. I downloaded rev AM and found that section. It was not included in the version that I had been annotating with my notes/comments.

Obviously I need to check for updates more often.

Andy