Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garmin G3X Bitchin Betty?

Default Re: Garmin G3X Bitchin Betty?

untitgarmined.png

Here is the screen that comes up on my unit. I think the certified G3X is different than experimental. Is yours experimental?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Tew View Post
    My airport KHCR (Heber City, Utah) is in a valley surrounded by mountains. Being constantly warned of terrain was never ending.

Turning "Bitchin Betty" off permanently was straight forward on my G3X Touch. In Configuration Mode, Sound Configuration, there's an Enable/Disable switch for Terrain Audio. Set it to Disable and "Betty" stays quiet for Terrain. Left Traffic Alerts on.

Bill

Attachment 10728

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cub View Post
    untitgarmined.png

Here is the screen that comes up on my unit. I think the certified G3X is different than experimental. Is yours experimental?
    Yes, my G3X is experimental. Strange that Garmin would have different software for experimental and certified units......but I'm sure there is some rationale for it. A nice thing about building an EX2 or 3 is that you're not burdened by all the certification rules. Experimentals had EFDs long before the airlines.

Stay Well and Safe,

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Tew View Post
    Yes, my G3X is experimental. Strange that Garmin would have different software for experimental and certified units......but I'm sure there is some rationale for it. A nice thing about building an EX2 or 3 is that you're not burdened by all the certification rules. Experimentals had EFDs long before the airlines.

Stay Well and Safe,

Bill
    Thanks Bill! You too.