Thread: Discounted PPG Paint

Default Discounted PPG Paint

Mitch (Cubcrafters) recomments using PPG DELTA DX1787 Etch Filler and DX1788 Catalyst over bare aluminum and carbon fiber. My local PPG dealer says that it has been discontinued and can't order any more.

Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so what is the recommended alternative to prime bare aluminum and carbon fiber? (boot cowl, cowl, struts, cover plates, etc.)

Default Re: Discounted PPG Paint

I get it from Mitch....

Quote Originally Posted by stautz View Post
    Mitch (Cubcrafters) recomments using PPG DELTA DX1787 Etch Filler and DX1788 Catalyst over bare aluminum and carbon fiber. My local PPG dealer says that it has been discontinued and can't order any more.

Has anyone else ran into this problem and if so what is the recommended alternative to prime bare aluminum and carbon fiber? (boot cowl, cowl, struts, cover plates, etc.)
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

I also tried find that paint from every PPG dealer in Seattle and Washington and not one dealer I contacted carried it or could get it. I could only get it thru CubCrafters.
    Steve Dentz
    N419LD
    Carnation, WA

The first question on this thread has not been answered so I ask again.

Apparently a PPG primer product Cubcrafters was using has been discontinued. PPG DELTA DX1787 Etch Filler and DX1788 Catalyst was used over bare aluminum and carbon fiber. My local PPG dealer confirms it is discontinued.

Anyone know what the factory using or what are some of you using to prime these parts for paint?

Are there any special precautions?

Jim Morrical
    Jim Morrical

http://forum.cubcrafters.com/showthr...ll=1#post25050

Jim. I discussed it in the thread above. i was first told a few years ago to prime all carbon fiber and aluminum surfaces but was just told a few weeks ago by CC that they do not prime anything but aluminum now.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorrical View Post
    The first question on this thread has not been answered so I ask again.

Apparently a PPG primer product Cubcrafters was using has been discontinued. PPG DELTA DX1787 Etch Filler and DX1788 Catalyst was used over bare aluminum and carbon fiber. My local PPG dealer confirms it is discontinued.

Anyone know what the factory using or what are some of you using to prime these parts for paint?

Are there any special precautions?

Jim Morrical
    Last edited by Daveembry; 10-02-2020 at 12:04 AM.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..