The last couple of years I have noodled around with coming up with something for a real live rear seat to help make the Mrs happy. She doesnt mind the sling seat so much as the swinging around in rough air, it doesnt seem "solid" in her words
I have made a couple different ones, and thrown them away. This is my latest prototype, I post it up here so you guys can throw rocks at it. We had bought her a oregon aero 2 inch cushion, that has been a big improvement.

I have a seat out of a 150 Cessna, and my local upholstery girl mounted the Oregon aero cushion to the Seat.
I used a couple of 1.5 in square tube alum for bottom frame, with 2 one inch holes drilled in the end to accept the factory cross tube, and also retains the hold down straps to the floor. I havent mounted the rear frames to the floor because i havent figured out an elegant way to do it yet, and also be quick release to fold the seat out of the way
I might try a rivet nut, with a reinforced plate underneath. the seat folds nicely up against the front seat, and will be held there with a ratchet strap. The seat is held to the aluminum tubing with a heavy adel clamp
Here are some pix, fire away. Some of my concerns are crashworthyness? Seems like it is more substatial then the fabric sling. Weight, although I think it may be only a lb difference when finished,

Jim

IMG_5796 (2).jpg

IMG_5797.jpg

IMG_5799.jpg