Hi, folks!

I'm working through the beginning steps of an EX-3 build (wing kit) and I wanted to pose a few questions to the group.

First, is it expected that I should be using Loctite #271 on all bolt and nut assemblies in the front and rear spars? The manual includes the following text in the introduction:

"The manual will prescribe use of Loctite and Torque Seal on the bolted assemblies. Loctite helps to preventthe nut from loosening. Torque Seal facilitates inspection (if the seal is broken the nut has probably come
loose). The torque values for the propeller mounting bolts and for the fasteners on the engine have been
established by their manufacturers. Please use the manufacturer-recommended torque values."

I would think that implies the use of Loctite, but the end of section 4 reads: "Mark all installed bolts and nuts using Torque Seal." It's the exclusion of any mention of Loctite that is making me stop and seek clarification.

My last question, there's a table lists the proper torque values based upon the shank size of a bolt. It lists AN3 through AN6 sizes. The kit has a few other bolt sizes (i.e. AN174, AN175, etc.)...is there a standard torque value for these? I know the manual, so far, has instructed 90 in-lbs for 1/4" in bolts and 180 in-lbs for 5/16" bolts, but just wanted to check.

Thanks!

Patrick