Thread: Vernier mixture on a FX3

Default Vernier mixture on a FX3

First time poster here. I’ve been lurking on this site for the past couple of years absorbing the collective knowledge of you guys since I started lookin at ordering a FX3. I was out in Yakima the first week of December beginning my build and Zach and Darus did a great job as did the rest of the crew.

One question that came up when I was in Yakima was installing a Vernier mixture control instead of the standard pull out mixture. I have no experience with Vernier controls. For those of you flying or building FX3/EX3 (or Xcubs), is it worth going with the Vernier control?

Regards,
    Trent
    Last edited by Tsquared; 12-25-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Default Re: Vernier mixture on a FX3

When I built my EX I originally installed the click-type push/pull control on the mixture. I didn't like it and replaced it with the vernier type. I have the vernier style in a Cessna and was used to that type of operation already.

The vernier variety is heavier - the only draw back I can see.

When I still had the click type installed it was adjacent to the carb heat knob which is the same size. On a night landing I inadvertently pulled the mixture control thinking I had the carb heat knob, while on final. That got my attention and I decided then I was switching to the vernier style.
    Flying Carbon Cub EX #11 since 2011