Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ADS-B Performance FAILURE Garmin GPS 20A +Comant Antenna

Default Re: ADS-B Performance FAILURE Garmin GPS 20A +Comant Antenna

I figured out the problem. In the G3X Configuration settings for the transponder, the “GPS Integrety” setting needed to be set to “IFR 1e-7” (not VFR). That’s it!

Default Re: ADS-B Performance FAILURE Garmin GPS 20A +Comant Antenna

That’s great, I’m glad that works!

I would still encourage a software update when you can manage it. There are many improvements that Garmin has made pertaining to ADS-B . A few of the improvements, follow links for more details:

GTX 23ES Software version 8.02 incorporated upgrades:

• Updates ATCRBS/Mode S functionality to TSO-C112d.
    • Updates Automatic Dependent Surveillance – Broadcast (ADS-B) function to add support for the optional Target State and Status squitter message.
    • Enhances air state determination algorithms to more closely match other Garmin products.
    • Adds suppression logic to the ADS-B Position Warning for the first 150 seconds after power on to avoid nuisance alerts.

GTX 23ES Software version 8.04 incorporated upgrades:

• Addressed air/ground determination issues and added the ability to configure the aircraft stall speed.
    • Addressed FAA note to manufacturers regarding the use of geometric type codes when operating in ON mode.
    • Updated the ADS-B Out CPR encoding to improve position accuracy near latitude zone transitions.
    • Expanded the air/ground determination algorithm to utilize additional sensor data such as Height Above Terrain and nearest airport data, when available.
    • Added the ability to disable the automatic transition to ALT mode on takeoff, by configuration.
    • Updated the outside air temperature and density altitude displays to improve consistency with other Garmin equipment.

Tail winds,
    Andrew Y
    Systems Engineering and Design
    Cub Crafters, Inc.