Thread: FX-3 air vent

Default FX-3 air vent

One of the air vents keeps popping open. Rear vent is secure. Any suggestions on keeping it closed?
    Blaine

Default Re: FX-3 air vent

Ditto on my CCSS. Clearly a lifting force right there on the front vent. Additionally, the fit of the event isn’t the best b/c of the curvature of the plexi. Interested in ideas. Heating and forming the vent?

Default Very unsexy fix. Re: FX-3 air vent

Quote Originally Posted by jasimmons View Post
    Ditto on my CCSS. Clearly a lifting force right there on the front vent. Additionally, the fit of the event isn’t the best b/c of the curvature of the plexi. Interested in ideas. Heating and forming the vent?
    I solved the problem of the vent popping up. I inserted a 1/4" wooden dowel across the vent and it holds well. Cost me about $0.25. Now I just need to design a new one on Solid Works, print it on a 3D printer, cover it in carbon fiber and sell them for $149.99. Stay tuned.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice solution, KCKS!
    The pop up usually happens when using heat, since there is such great positive pressure (especially in the FX3) from the heat system, that the air has nowhere to go but push up on the vent!

What size did you cut the dowel?

Great idea! Ri

Rick Bosshardt
    SunCountry Cubs
    CubCrafters Dealer for AZ/NM/UT/CO/southern WY
    www.suncountrycubs.com

Mine doesn't seem to be connected to heat- pops up all the time. I cut the dowel to ~3.1 inches. I think the bale wire is supposed to do the same thing, but isn't sufficiently strong.

Blaine

Quote Originally Posted by KCKS View Post
    Mine doesn't seem to be connected to heat- pops up all the time. I cut the dowel to ~3.1 inches. I think the bale wire is supposed to do the same thing, but isn't sufficiently strong.

Blaine
    I am in the Northeast and don't have these in the sky light at all as we have lots of rain and snow, just in the side windows. That said, I should think mounting 2 at the back rather than 1 ea front and back would be better. Less curvature of the sky light 1 and 2 out of the moving air more. MK I
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region