Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FX-3 repairman certificate

Default Re: FX-3 repairman certificate

Thanks to those who have replied. My earlier attempt to reply was held for moderation and never appeared here.

I contacted my local FSDO, SDL, and it seems they do issue EAB repairman certificates and they provided several documentation references. I'm now more confident that I can get repairman certification after I bring my FX-3 home.

There is still one aspect that concerns me. I had intended to use my LLC as builder and owner but the repairman certificate has to be issued to a named individual not an LLC. Has anyone who used an LLC as builder and owner had any problem getting the repairman certificate issued?

Thanks,

Andy
    Last edited by Andy; 12-14-2019 at 04:28 AM. Reason: correct typo

Sent PM
    Blaine

I have done 3 that way with no problems at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Thanks to those who have replied. My earlier attempt to reply was held for moderation and never appeared here.

I contacted my local FSDO, SDL, and it seems they do issue EAB repairman certificates and they provided several documentation references. I'm now more confident that I can get repairman certification after I bring my FX-3 home.

There is still one aspect that concerns me. I had intended to use my LLC as builder and owner but the repairman certificate has to be issued to a named individual not an LLC. Has anyone who used an LLC as builder and owner had any problem getting the repairman certificate issued?

Thanks,

Andy
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Andy
    My repairman certificate was issued today. It was much easier than I expected with almost everything being done by email. I only had to go to the FSDO office to sign the temporary certificate (actually done outside as no visitors allowed in the office due to COVID 19).

Andy

Red face Re: FX-3 repairman certificate

My Fx-2 is registered as and LLC and my repairman certificate was issued in my name