Thread: General Cover Questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: General Cover Questions

Hi Jim,

I know you are a member of our Carbon Cub EX Builders group on facebook. I have several hours of videos on covering and show using a piece of teflon to iron poly spray tape edges, etc. I would recommend watching these.

You can get teflon sheets for “almost free” on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Teflon-Sheet-...=teflon&sr=8-5

I usually really go over everything very good before putting on the poly spray. You can use a cooler iron to go over all the taped edges after your last coat of poly brush. Usually there is very little lifting of the edges after that with the poly spray but sometimes it does happen if there isn’t much brush on the edges.

Q
    Quote Originally Posted by jmorrical View Post
    As I mentioned I am ready for paint. I'm starting with tail feathers and have found a couple places where taped edges are turned up a bit more than is acceptable. Truthfully as I did more fabric work my skills improved and work got cleaner / better. Now I'm starting with the first covered tail feathers and I see places that could be better. Might be too late?

Someone mentioned as a last chance using a teflon material and the hobby iron to get poly spray tape edges smoothed a little bit. Could someone tell me what teflon material might be used? Where to get it and how it is used? Does the method work to touch up a few rough edges on tapes here and there.

Jim Morrical
    Last edited by Daveembry; 10-16-2020 at 05:43 AM.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..