Thread: CC 363i crankcase

Default CC 363i crankcase

Regardin the CC 363i engine, my question is does the engine use an existing manufactured crankcase or is the CC363i case purpose built for Cub Crafters? I've ready read that this engine is a wonderful conglomeration of components designed and manufactured from some amazing companies such as
    1) Superior Air Parts for the Millennium cylinders, roller tappets and crankshaft.
    2) Precision Airmotive's Silver Hawk EX fuel injection with secondary fuel pump.
    3) Lightspeed Engineering dual electronic ignition.
    4) Sky Dynamics flywheel and 4 into 1 exhaust.
    5) Cub Crafters custom composite Hi-flow intake plenum and custom designed oil sump both of which I was able to see while taking the factory tour during Cub Fest.
    Then the base engine is professionally assembled by Aero Sport Power.
    Last edited by snoboy; 10-26-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: CC 363i crankcase

I think they are all assembled by Lycoming now, the first few were through Aerosport Power. Still learning the rest as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Connection View Post
    I think they are all assembled by Lycoming now, the first few were through Aerosport Power. Still learning the rest as well.
    So is the crankcase basically a Lycoming?

The CC363i engine is sourced by CubCrafters through multiple vendors (over 12 different suppliers are involved). Aero Sport Power assembled the first 50 or 60; Lycoming has built-up over 70 CC363i engines to date. Due to its popularity, CubCrafters established double sourcing to keep-up with the demand. Today, Lycoming is building a new CC363i for CubCrafters about every 2.5 days. The main power chassis components (case, crank, cam, cylinders/pistons/rods, etc.) have been supplied either by Lycoming or Superior Air Parts. Various, exclusive hardware components/features are specified; for example the latest CC363i rear accessory case is currently made from Magnesium and does not include installation of typical 360 style rear accessory drive gears (as weight reduction). The CC363i main crankcase is a Lycoming 360 series type and provides added features, such as piston cooling nozzles.
    Patrick Horgan
    President
    CubCrafters | Yakima WA

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Horgan View Post
    The CC363i engine is sourced by CubCrafters through multiple vendors (over 12 different suppliers are involved). Aero Sport Power assembled the first 50 or 60; Lycoming has built-up over 70 CC363i engines to date. Due to its popularity, CubCrafters established double sourcing to keep-up with the demand. Today, Lycoming is building a new CC363i for CubCrafters about every 2.5 days. The main power chassis components (case, crank, cam, cylinders/pistons/rods, etc.) have been supplied either by Lycoming or Superior Air Parts. Various, exclusive hardware components/features are specified; for example the latest CC363i rear accessory case is currently made from Magnesium and does not include installation of typical 360 style rear accessory drive gears (as weight reduction). The CC363i main crankcase is a Lycoming 360 series type and provides added features, such as piston cooling nozzles.
    Wow. Lots of good info there Pat, thank you for the response.