Thread: New Product: TAILWHEEL TRANSPORTER, Ground Movement Device

Default New Product: TAILWHEEL TRANSPORTER, Ground Movement Device

Hi all,

This post is to introduce a new product to assist you in the moving of your taildragger on the ground. It is called the TAILWHEEL TRANSPORTER and we believe it to be the best and easiest to use towbar available. Please check it out at:

http://www.tailwheeltransporter.com

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: New Product: TAILWHEEL TRANSPORTER, Ground Movement Device

Hi all,

We will be showing the TAILWHEEL TRANSPORTER at the COPPERSTATE FLY-IN October 21-23, 2010.

We will be located in the Main Exhibit Tent in Space 35, across from Aircraft Spruce.

Come see the TAILWHEEL TRANSPORTER and try it on your airplane!

Happy flying,

Dan Perry

www.tailwheeltransporter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Perry View Post
    This post is to introduce a new product to assist you in the moving of your taildragger on the ground. It is called the TAILWHEEL TRANSPORTER and we believe it to be the best and easiest to use towbar available. Please check it out at:
    Does anyone have experience with the Tailwheel Transporter or the Taildragger Dragger going up an inclined ramp? All the internet videos are on nice flat surfaces.

I have an inclined ramp up to my hangar and I'm not feeling good about possible wear and tear on the elevator. Plus pulling on the transporter might be easier than the pushing. I'm on the verge of needing a power tow or a winch, but wonder if this might cut it?
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Tailwheel Transporter or the Taildragger Dragger going up an inclined ramp? All the internet videos are on nice flat surfaces.

I have used a Taildragger Dragger for years on a Citabria and it works well. However it does not work well with my Carbon Cub SS. The low tail weight on the Carbon Cub lets the tailwheel hop out of the tray if any resistance (incline or uneven surface) is met. For the CC, I am using a tailwheel tow bar that clamps over the axle bolts/nuts. It works well and is light and compact to fit in baggage area. Much cheaper than the other choices too.

Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by kelly88 View Post
    I have used a Taildragger Dragger for years on a Citabria and it works well. However it does not work well with my Carbon Cub SS. The low tail weight on the Carbon Cub lets the tailwheel hop out of the tray if any resistance (incline or uneven surface) is met. For the CC, I am using a tailwheel tow bar that clamps over the axle bolts/nuts. It works well and is light and compact to fit in baggage area. Much cheaper than the other choices too.
    Thanks Kelly, a towbar seems like a very good idea. Just ordered a Bogert 4-ABI towbar for Alaskan Bushwheels.
    Chuck
    Chuck Hull
    L70 Agua Dulce, CA

Rowe, NM; St. George Island, FL; Montgomery, AL

I bought a Tailwheel Transporter for my CCSS. I have a fairly short but steep uphill to get in my hangar...and I've not been pleased. The Transporter itself is very well made, was very well packed, and their service has been excellent, but as mentioned by another poster, the light tailwheel allows it to jump off the transporter as I pull it up the hill...and then it rolls back down. Disconcerting.

I called and they suggested using velcro to keep the tailwheel on the transporter, but that isn't totally satisfactory. I've ordered a Bogi...

Jim

The Tailwheel Transporter is a great idea. Its well made, BUT does not work well on my CC11-100 with Bushwheel/Scott TW. The handle is definitely at the wrong angle for pulling aircraft up a slight incline unless you happen to be 7 or 8 feet tall. TW slips out when making right angle turns and CAN DEFINITELY damage afc. I intend to cut off the front wheel portion and try it again using a Velcro strap to hold t/w in place. I had high hopes since the Tailwheel Transporter looks fantastic and in very well made, but it turned out to be a waste of money. Only recommended if you are moving your aircraft straight and level, in which case it should work as advertised.

Best things I ever built for my cubs. They even roll in grass pretty good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When the hangar gets tight we use Car Dollys under the mains on the cubs. They then can be moved about any direction making stacking airplanes in much easier.

We also use Bogi-Bars since they fit in the airplane and are lightweight.

http://bogertaviation.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=23
    Last edited by Ben Redman; 12-03-2012 at 04:59 AM.
    Ben Redman, GM
    RARE Aircraft Ltd
    www.rareaircraft.com
    ben@rareaircraft.com
    507-331-8446

Thats where I got the idea try putting one just under the tail wheel one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Redman View Post
    When the hangar gets tight we use Car Dollys under the mains on the cubs. They then can be moved about any direction making stacking airplanes in much easier.

We also use Bogi-Bars since they fit in the airplane and are lightweight.

http://bogertaviation.com/index.php?...mart&Itemid=23