Thread: What to do with left over kit stuff?

Default What to do with left over kit stuff?

When I finished my EX2 there seemed to be quite a lot of stuff left over!

I went carefully through the inventories and build instructions to make sure I hadn't missed anything from the build.

It seems that as you selected some options that required different parts (e.g. long range tanks, landing lights etc) then the required parts were added to the kit without removing the base kit parts that they replaced. So I have 3 wing leading edge skins, cap strips, rib brace channels, propeller bolts, pulleys, spacers, bearings, turnbuckle parts ..........

I'm reticent to dump the big stuff as it is all new and unused. The small stuff may have an eventual use.

Any suggestions for a good home for the skins and cap strips in particular?
    Free if anyone wants to collect them or pay the shipping.

Default Re: What to do with left over kit stuff?

You are correct.....tons of extra parts. Mitch and I have been working on that but at the end of each build, I just send Mitch a box with all that stuff in it. The current build I’m working on in fact, that is the objective and I’m not intermingling any parts and will get him a complete Excel list of every left over part so he can make a big adjustment to the pull lists. Hate to see it just go to waste and they can certainly use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Albery View Post
    When I finished my EX2 there seemed to be quite a lot of stuff left over!

I went carefully through the inventories and build instructions to make sure I hadn't missed anything from the build.

It seems that as you selected some options that required different parts (e.g. long range tanks, landing lights etc) then the required parts were added to the kit without removing the base kit parts that they replaced. So I have 3 wing leading edge skins, cap strips, rib brace channels, propeller bolts, pulleys, spacers, bearings, turnbuckle parts ..........

I'm reticent to dump the big stuff as it is all new and unused. The small stuff may have an eventual use.

Any suggestions for a good home for the skins and cap strips in particular?
    Free if anyone wants to collect them or pay the shipping.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..