Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 0-360-c4p vs cc360

Default Re: 0-360-c4p vs cc360

When your aircraft is either EAB or ELSA the 80hp restrictions for the CC340 are no longer in effect. The things that remain in effect no matter how the aircraft is certified is the gross weight and the maximum speed for the LSA catagory.

Thanks
    Mitch

The Villages, FL (06FD, Grass Roots Airpark)

Quote Originally Posted by SoyAnarchisto View Post
    Hi John,

Can you point me to the offical regs which state this? Is this in the FAR somewhere?

I'm just an engineer - but somebody is getting screwing with their units. Subtracting horsepower from weight to get weight? Who came up with that?

'Greg
    I think you will find them in the ASTM standards for light sport aircraft.

JM

Is there no online reference? Do you have to buy the standard to read it? Can someone post the actual text of the particular section we are discussing?

http://www.astm.org/Standards/F2245.htm

'Greg

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    I think you will find them in the ASTM standards for light sport aircraft.

JM

Quote Originally Posted by SoyAnarchisto View Post
    Is there no online reference? Do you have to buy the standard to read it?
    In essence, yes. That is the revenue stream for the ASTM organization -- they work with industry to develop the standards for free, then they charge for disemmenination of the final standards. Someone who owns a set might be able to copy the applicable sections here but I don't have a copy myself, our engineering department does of course.
    Randy Lervold

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
    When your aircraft is either EAB or ELSA the 80hp restrictions for the CC340 are no longer in effect. The things that remain in effect no matter how the aircraft is certified is the gross weight and the maximum speed for the LSA catagory.

Thanks
    Mitch
    Mitch, my new carbon cub is due for delivery in two months. I understand that it will be certified as a SLSA and then after my options are added, it will be recertified as an ELSA. So the 5 min max HP rule does not apply to my plane. Right?

John

John

That is correct, when you covert to ELSA it removes the engine restrictions and the maximum empty weight restriction.
    With that said most pilots will fly the Carbon Cub within the engine restrictions just for the fuel savings. It is one of the really good things about the CC340 and the electronic ignition combination, the engine runs smooth at all throttle settings.

Thanks
    Mitch