Thread: Maine Bushwhackers Make A Wish Fly in/ Wings for Wishes on the Waterfront

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Maine Bushwhackers Make A Wish Fly in/ Wings for Wishes on the Waterfront

Its coming right up, weekend of Aug 3-4 Its held at my airstrip in Central Maine, about 18 miles NW of Bangor
    Lots of room for everyone.Camping on the field, bathroom and shower in the hangar. I have a set of cabins rented around the corner, its first come first served

Friday we are headed to the prettiest airport in Maine, Sugarloaf regional in Carrabasset Valley. Lunch at noon, then up and over the Bigelow Range, drop down to Flagstaff lake, then follow the Dead River down stream thru the gorge. Pop into bingham to the grass strip, hit a few gravel bars on the way south on the Kennebec. Friday night BBq

Sat is Wings on the Waterfront, Dexter Maine 10 to 2 Were landing in a hayfield, then taxi down to the beach area.
    I hope to break last years abount of 4600. The hayfield is a bit short for some its about 1500 ft, one way in and out.
    Nobody had any issue last year, but I reserve the right as king of the island to say if it works for you. I have worked really hard with a couple reluctant landowners to land and cross their fields, and i dont want to mess it up

Saturday night is all you can eat Maine Lobster cookout at my Hangar

Sunday maybe a trip to the coast on your way home

Great news again this year, Dan Dufault of Lincolnville Me has donated a T3 tailwheel of your choice for the silent auction

Mark Keneston of CubCrafters NE has donated 4 hours of CarbonCub time in one of his birds as well

Cant thank these two guys enough for the support

Let me know if you ar coming

Jim Crane
    207-659-4983
    jimcrane04435@gmail.com

Default Re: Maine Bushwhackers Make A Wish Fly in/ Wings for Wishes on the Waterfront

Tonight is a wrap with everyone back home and all the local birds tucked in

i cant begin to thank all of you for your advice, planning and sweating for the Wings on the Waterfront success. As of tonight our pilotgroup and our little community have raised over 11000 and climbing, with more promised. Make a wish Maine is linking a credit card portal for those who asked about credit cards

i really need to thank the following

Mark Keneston

Attachment 43989

He donated 4 hours time in one of his beautiful birds for the silent auction, thanks Mark and Cubcrafters

Dan Dufault

Attachment 43990

supercubs north, T3 tailwheel
    he donated a gift cert for a new T3 for The silent auction

Chuck Kinberger Southern Cubs Jupiter FL

Chuck donated a set of AOSS shocks and hydrosorbs

Their donations of time and goodies is a big big part of our success, and please thank them for their support when you talk with them. Stand up guys who get it done.

i was so busy i didnt get any pix, i know Pete, JP, and Larry have some, lets see them

Thanks again all !!

Jim

Default Re: Maine Bushwhackers Make A Wish Fly in/ Wings for Wishes on the Waterfront

Yesterday I got to deliver all of your hard work to the Make a Wish Maine foundation in Portland. We hit the donation level that makes us "high Rollers" so to speak. Gets us the big check and photo
    Samantha Elliott came to the airport and met us at the FBO. In and out of that beehive makes me super glad I walk across the lawn to fly, and dont have to deal with Charlie airspace just to putt around.
    While I was busy with Samantha Brenda traded the Cub for the Phenom in the background. Something about the heater working and a real back seat. Really nice ride though
    Make a wish has taken in some online donations, so It pushes the Total close to $11K donation from our Group.My hat is off and totally honored to represent the generosity of all of the many donors, and the people of my home town. Also big shout of thanks to stand up guys Mark Keneston and Chuck Kinberger, and CubCrafters for their support.
    Well Done

FX3:

• Rear seat heat & defrost
    • Sling seat or removable fixed seat like the front option for the back seat

Much cheaper than a Phenom

Quote Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
    While I was busy with Samantha Brenda traded the Cub for the Phenom in the background. Something about the heater working and a real back seat.

Pete Dougherty
    Customer Support Manager
    Cub Crafters Inc

"Pete
    Thanks for your suggestion, I hear the same thing from Mark, Chuck, and Rick. Mark is bringing an X cub to a local fly in next weekend I hope to get Brenda in the back seat for a look around. Maybe those good looking guys stepping out of a Phenom won’t catch her eye. 😍😍😍.

I argue with with her that the planes from Yakima are much more versatile than those sleek shiny ones from Brazil. On the way home from the big city we took a bit of a detour home 75 miles to the north of us to a remote beach that had 2 moose on it when we landed. Only in a Cub

0130E291-D8BF-453B-B01B-8B96482C04C9.jpg
    Last edited by Scouter; 08-16-2019 at 12:53 AM.

Well Brenda, Jim and the Cranes and all those who participated made that event possible.
    Cub Crafters
    Factory Direct New & Used Aircraft Sales
    NorthEast & Great Lakes Region