Thread: Boot Cowl Video. Audio?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Boot Cowl Video. Audio?

I’m trying to watch the boot cowl video on Dropbox and it has no audio. I’ve tried with iPhone, iPad, and PC. Anyone have any suggestions? All the other videos have audio when i play them but no luck with boot cowl

thanks Zach

Default Re: Boot Cowl Video. Audio?

I just tried it and it doesn't work here either. Must be messed up and Mitch will have to reload it or something. Maybe you could lipread Mitch???

Quote Originally Posted by Zach83 View Post
    I’m trying to watch the boot cowl video on Dropbox and it has no audio. I’ve tried with iPhone, iPad, and PC. Anyone have any suggestions? All the other videos have audio when i play them but no luck with boot cowl

thanks Zach
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Glad and it’s not only me then, I’ll email Mitch. I’ve already tried lip reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    I just tried it and it doesn't work here either. Must be messed up and Mitch will have to reload it or something. Maybe you could lipread Mitch???

Boot Cowl Blues: Working on my EX. The left side panel fit well. The right side is causing problems for me.
    I have reset the panel three times with results ending the same each time.

The right side panel pushes the tunnel out 1/8” beyond flush at the firewall tunnel cutout. Mitch spent a little time insuring they were flush in the video. Should I not worry about it? Every other fit puts the gaps between V-brace out of balance.

A668494B-5533-4EC6-8E41-8A2087945B64.jpg
    Last edited by jmorrical; 08-23-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    Jim Morrical

Jim
    that has been the same on all of mine. That’s why that last, bottom rivet doesn’t go in until you are finished with that and the gasolator cover.

Just get it flush and let it have a small gap at the botttom. It will fill with rtv and be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorrical View Post
    Boot Cowl Blues: Working on my EX. The left side panel fit well. The right side is causing problems for me.
    I have reset the panel three times with results ending the same each time.

The right side panel pushes the tunnel out 1/8” beyond flush at the firewall tunnel cutout. Mitch spent a little time insuring they were flush in the video. Should I not worry about it? Every other fit puts the gaps between V-brace out of balance.

A668494B-5533-4EC6-8E41-8A2087945B64.jpg
    Last edited by Daveembry; 08-23-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    Dave Embry

Dave thanks for the quick response.

I have one other issue that concerns me before I start to drill.

The fit of the right side panel at the right door post is 1/8 inch short of being flush with the aft edge of the post. The aft edge of the right panel fit is as shown on this photo. Sorry I can't figure out why my photos are rotated 90*?? I've look forward to the my EX finish manual for boot cowl install, but can't find how it's secured on the right side...if at all. The left side is described and shown.

Looks like I have 1/8" material overlap if some screws are to be installed. Should I keep trying to get it flush?

fullsizeoutput_38a.jpg
    Jim Morrical

Jim,

yes the right side will mount with screws just like along the left fabric spacer and there isn’t lot of room on the fabric spacer for the screws either, so you want to be sure you have it aft enough for the screws to hit the fabric spacer.

If you look on my forum regarding installing the boot cowl, I show how I mark the inside of the boot cowl with a sharpie on the inside, forward side of the fabric spacer so I can pull the boot cowl back and double check that I can still get the edge spacing on the boot cowl to install those screws along the edge into the fabric spacer.

I would try and pull the boot cowl as far back as you can to get it flush with the aft side of that door opening/fabric spacer, partly for looks and also to be sure you have room. You can actually put a ratchet strap and hook it right where your previous photo shows that bottom corner (in the previous post) and hook the other end on one of the gear attach fitting. Ratchet gently and pull it back enough. You really don’t have to do that now but may have to after cover and paint when you actually install the boot cowl with screws. You are probably good for now but might want to do it for peace of mind that it will fit.

Also, be sure you have trimmed the front of the floorboard where the heat tunnel meets the firewall. It is always too long and has to be trimmed back so the firewall can sit flush with the fuse tubes.

It’s probably best not to install the screws at this time. If you do, you will have to later relocate them through the fabric and paint (that will cover the holes if you make them now). Just wait and do that later.

The fit of the right side panel at the right door post is 1/8 inch short of being flush with the aft edge of the post. The aft edge of the right panel fit is as shown on this photo. Sorry I can't figure out why my photos are rotated 90*?? I've look forward to the my EX finish manual for boot cowl install, but can't find how it's secured on the right side...if at all. The left side is described and shown.

Looks like I have 1/8" material overlap if some screws are to be installed. Should I keep trying to get it flush?

fullsizeoutput_38a.jpg
    Last edited by Daveembry; 08-24-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    Dave Embry

Jim,

Take a look at http://forum.cubcrafters.com/showthr...Ex3+tips+hints and post #71 for installation of the boot cowl. There is a photo there showing how those screws are installed on the right side as well as other good info.

fullsizeoutput_38a.jpg
    Dave Embry