Thread: Garmin G3X Touch training videos

Default Garmin G3X Touch training videos

I'm coming from the Garmin 430 and G3000 systems, and wanted to learn about the layout and menus and button-pressing on the G3X Touch. Did a little searching and found this Garmin cache of videos:

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/learning-center/g3x-touch

(Tip for John Hodges and the TacAero folks: consider sending this link to new owners to help get them up to speed prior to delivery!)

-Dane

Default Re: Garmin G3X Touch training videos

This is also a good one and much more comprehensive..... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b3V4ZeCi4Oo

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post
    I'm coming from the Garmin 430 and G3000 systems, and wanted to learn about the layout and menus and button-pressing on the G3X Touch. Did a little searching and found this Garmin cache of videos:

(Tip for John Hodges and the TacAero folks: consider sending this link to new owners to help get them up to speed prior to delivery!)

-Dane
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Quote Originally Posted by dane View Post

-Dane
    Perfect- Thanks!
    XCub: CCX-2300-0011
    SPOT X TRACKING: https://maps.findmespot.com/s/09SL

Great videos.

A quick question before I go to Garmin support. I recently purchased a 2015 SS and noted no updates to the G3X since 2015. I did go to FlyGarmin, purchased a package for update, formatted the SD to Fat36, successfully downloaded the multiple items, but when I inserted the SD in the plane, nothing. No error message, no prompt to update, nada.

Anybody have an issue like this? My plan is to use a separate card to update the G3X to the current version and see if that can load to the plane. I can't reload the database updates till next month or I'd try a different Sandisk.
    And then I guess I'll try to get hold of Garmin Support. Never had much luck on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by daleberk View Post
    Great videos.

A quick question before I go to Garmin support. I recently purchased a 2015 SS and noted no updates to the G3X since 2015. I did go to FlyGarmin, purchased a package for update, formatted the SD to Fat36, successfully downloaded the multiple items, but when I inserted the SD in the plane, nothing. No error message, no prompt to update, nada.

Anybody have an issue like this? My plan is to use a separate card to update the G3X to the current version and see if that can load to the plane. I can't reload the database updates till next month or I'd try a different Sandisk.
    And then I guess I'll try to get hold of Garmin Support. Never had much luck on that front.
    the size is important 8gb, smaller than you might think.
    Last edited by 40m; 09-17-2019 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 40m View Post
    the size is important 8 something smaller than you might think.
    We have had issues in the past with using SD Cards larger than 16 GB. Using a 8 or 16 might be fine, if you're having issues with a larger card.

Chip Allen

SWT Aviation, Inc.
    Cubcrafters Southeast Sales Center
    Marietta, GA

Strange but I did the same thing the other day and had problems for the first time. Be sure you have 8 gig or less SD card and be sure it’s not full or that it has no other files on it. I always just delete the entire SD card files including all the root ones. You have to download the update to your computer hard drive (like to your desktop) and then click on that and let it extract and install to the SD card. You can’t load it directly from the website to your SD card.

When I updated last week, the same thing happened to me. I put the SD card in and turned on the G3X touch and nothing. Normally it would automatically see the SD card and ask to update but not this time for some reason. I then pressed the MENU button and then it came up and asked if I wanted to install the updates?? Don’t know why.

Also be sure you turn. On your master and avionics (coms; transponders; autopilot servos) so they can be updated t the same time. The G3X will still saves the updates for those items if they are off and update later but better to use do it now.

email G3Xpert@garmin.com. They always respond very quickly to me and re very helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by daleberk View Post
    Great videos.

Last edited by Daveembry; 09-16-2019 at 04:16 PM.
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Quote Originally Posted by Daveembry View Post
    Strange but I did the same thing the other day and had problems for the first time. Be sure you have 8 gig or less SD card and be sure it’s not full or that it has no other files on it. I always just delete the entire SD card files including all the root ones. You have to download the update to your computer hard drive (like to your desktop) and then click on that and let it extract and install to the SD card. You can’t load it directly from the website to your SD card.

When I updated last week, the same thing happened to me. I put the SD card in and turned on the G3X touch and nothing. Normally it would automatically see the SD card and ask to update but not this time for some reason. I then pressed the MENU button and then it came up and asked if I wanted to install the updates?? Don’t know why.

Also be sure you turn. On your master and avionics (coms; transponders; autopilot servos) so they can be updated t the same time. The G3X will still saves the updates for those items if they are off and update later but better to use do it now.

email G3Xpert@garmin.com. They always respond very quickly to me and re very helpful.

Thanks guys.

I did use the card that came with the plane and its a 4 GB sandisk. And I did reformat it and erase all the files and downloaded to the computer and then the sandisk. I have done this previously with an SS that Chip had gotten for me and which I subsequently sold so I've not had problems till now. I'll try the Menu button again. And thanks Dave for the link to Garmin. I'll try them to.

Dale