Thread: Rough on right ign

Default Rough on right ign

I have 363i running high egt and low cht on 1 and 3. Runs rough on right ign, number 1 has been a little out for awhile but both became obvious in flight today. 100hrs on new engine. I right ign top or bottom plugs on 1and3 and what are the best plugs for the cc 363i thanks

Default Re: Rough on right ign

Check the crimp connections on the cool packs. Make sure they are tight and on there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly fouled plug if it was running too rich before. Plugs are
    • Denzo 1K27 spark plug (came in engine) DenDenso W27ESR-UDenso W27ESR-U
    • Spark Plug anti-seize Champion 26
      • Torque 160
    Dave Embry
    "You only live once.......but if you do it right.........once is enough."..

Is right ign for the top or bottom plugs for 1and3 what about the iridium plugs?

Don't know about iridium plugs. Cubcrafters ships with the Denso plugs.

If standing at the front of the airplane looking at it, the RIGHT ignition coils are on the bottom and the left ones at the top, mounted above them. The left, bottom coil is A and the right side is B.

The left side of the bottom left one (coil) goes to Cylinder 3 bottom and the right side goes to Cylinder 4 bottom.

The left side of the RIGHT, bottom coil goes to Cylinder 1 bottom and the right side goes to Cylinder 2 bottom.

So the left side......of EACH of the bottom coil (which are the RIGHT ignition coils) goes to cylinders 1 and 3 bottom. I would run the engine and look at egt temps with both ignitions on. All cylinders would probably show EGT since it's firing both plugs to each cylinder. Then switch to RIGHT and if you have a bad plug, that cylinder would show no EGT's immediately. That would be the bad plug.

Probably #3 bottom???

Quote Originally Posted by bjorgenson View Post
    Is right ign for the top or bottom plugs for 1and3 what about the iridium plugs?
    Dave Embry

Wat I was referring to is that the switch placed to right runs all the bottom plugs and in the left position runs all the top plugs I have learned

Quote Originally Posted by bjorgenson View Post
    This simplified diagram might help, the right ignition goes to the bottom. The flag connector crimps can be an issue, it is hard to get a good connection without the correct tool.

We found we were running on the rich side, so as soon as we are above 2T we lean to even out the EGT's and avoid fouling. We are still using the factory plugs at 200 hours with no problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check the tubing and fittings from the Litespeed ignition box for spark advance. My tubing is the clear yellow type behind the panel ( right side) . I had a similar problem last summer and found a plastic “ t” fitting broken into two pieces causing a lean misfire on my ship. Changed out to brass to avoid future issues.

Just FYI. Turns out the #3 spark plug wire came loose at the coil and probably caused an arc. Left side of that coil was bad.
    Dave Embry